Known Cobalt Problems... - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
tell the dealer to shove it because one dealer told me that and i took it to the place where i bought it and as soon as i pulled in they took a few minutes and ordered one without question, along with ordering the passenger's side door thing.

what i have learned is that you need to befriend someone at the service dept. at a dealer and make sure you keep them as a friend because they can help you beyond belief when it comes to warranty work.
A dealer by my house not the one i bought my car from is having a Vinyl/Leather company come to the dealer to size,fit, and install it at the dealership monday of next week. I would've had it done tomorrow or sometime this week by i work all week.

You suck just admit it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's totaled now

However I suddenly see a Maro in my future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
iso
Contributing User

yeah, actually, i'm having my dad (big scary italian guy) go back to the dealer with it after i leave for school, to get them to fix my clutch and the door panel. i'm also gonna ask em about the body panel around the headlight, cuz the gap is HUUUUGE.
post #13 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Contributing User

I've taken my SS/SC in 3 times to where I bought it now because of 2nd gear popping out on me. Everytime, they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and didn't find anything wrong (although 2 of my friends have also driven it and had it happen to them, also). I've finally taken it to a different dealer today and hope they'll actually do something with it. Which reminds me, I'll have to give them a call tomorrow because I forgot to mention my brake light comes on going down the road, also.

I also have the problem with the trim on the passenger door, but it is barely noticable, and I don't know if I'll bother with it.
post #14 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 05:52 PM

does anyone have a rattle comin from the passenger front side. theres on under the steering wheel on that panel but i cant figure out where the other one is coming from
post #15 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Contributing User

My exhaust has a rattle when it's cold, but once it warms up, it stops.

R.I.P => 3/24/06
2005 Victory Red SS, XM, OnStar, Sunroof, Performance Package, Recaro Seats, LSD, Side Airbags, K&N Typhoon Intake, Dynomax muffler, De-winged, 3.0" pulley

2005 Pewter Mercedes E55 AMG
Everything except adaptive cruise control and automatic trunk closer

Kleemann Stage 2
Wider tires
Lighted AMG doorsills
Debadged
Flat AMG hood ornament
BF Drag radials
Lowered 32mm
Ipod installation
Bluetooth phone installation
Red painted calipers with KLEEMAN lettering
post #16 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
I've taken my SS/SC in 3 times to where I bought it now because of 2nd gear popping out on me. I've finally taken it to a different dealer today and hope they'll actually do something with it.
Dealer gave me my car back today, along with the same line the first dealer gave me: "we couldn't duplicate the problem." Funny thing is, the odometer only reads 2 more miles on it than when I brought it in. They must have spent all of 5 minutes working on my car, nice effort.
post #17 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock555
does anyone have a rattle comin from the passenger front side. theres on under the steering wheel on that panel but i cant figure out where the other one is coming from
Try leaving your glove box open and see if it goes away. My glove box rattles, and I have the exact same drivers side noise. Damn annoying.

post #18 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso
i was told by my dealer that this was "normal" and that 90% of them come from the factory that way. they wouldn't even bother TRYING to order me a new one cuz they said the replacement would *probably* be the same way.
You better find another dealer to work with. I just got my car back from my dealer and they ordered and replaced the entire door panel (black/red) with no questions asked....and the new one is not the same. It looked good.
post #19 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to skater2968 Send a message via Yahoo to skater2968
since the day i got my car, i've had startup issues, where it nearly stalls on start up, revs to around 1500 rpms, nearly stalls again, revs to about 1500 again, nearly stalls again, and levels off at around 900 rpm's, dealer "can't duplicate it" amazing, as now it happens just about every time i start up....

2003 Red Mitsubishi Evo VIII GSR: It's Modded...

post #20 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mken
I've taken my SS/SC in 3 times to where I bought it now because of 2nd gear popping out on me. Everytime, they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and didn't find anything wrong (although 2 of my friends have also driven it and had it happen to them, also). I've finally taken it to a different dealer today and hope they'll actually do something with it. Which reminds me, I'll have to give them a call tomorrow because I forgot to mention my brake light comes on going down the road, also.

I also have the problem with the trim on the passenger door, but it is barely noticable, and I don't know if I'll bother with it.

My car pops out of 3rd gear, I havent taken it in yet because my STEALership service men are dicks. I am going to let it get so bad it wont even go in 3rd gear before i take mine

2005 Arrival Blue Metallic Cobalt SS
2001 Camaro SS 417 rwhp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode