Known Cobalt Problems... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Known Cobalt Problems...

All Cobalts:

Body molding and fabric flaws,not fitting correctly or measured properly from the factory... Take to dealer. Sunroofed cars the operating button falling off and the track breaking....Take to dealer or super glue.
Headlight moisture...Take to dealer or take apart, dry, and reseal better.
Exterior part's colors not matching exactly... Live with it.
Shift knob breaking off...Take to dealer.
Fog lights shorting out... Take to dealer.

Cobalt SS/SC:

Wheel paint chipping/flaking and clutch problems...Take to dealer.
Muffler's heat shield's baffles loosen, causing rattling noise...Take to dealer.
Wires melting and grounding out, causing rough or no start or rough driving/idle(Wires)...Take to dealer or reposition wires.
Rough shifting/Not going into gear... Take to dealer.
Windows rolling up slow... Take to dealer.
Speedometer gets stuck... Take to dealer
Pinion going out in the rack and pinion steering... Take to dealer.

Also people before purchasing your car check for these problems, they should all be taken care of at the dealer.

Mods/Admins this should also be stickied, so people can ask about problems here or post new problems here. Also people post fixes for all these problems if availible. Also Mods/Admins post service bulletins here if/when some are available and also Edit this if you want to make it look nicer or to add/erase stuff.

Last edited by wasey13; 09-20-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 03:49 AM
iso
Contributing User

how about the body panels not lining up seemlessly/noticable gaps between panels? there's a couple spots on my ss where the body panels don't transition smoothly and there's either a gap or a lip. i'm not sure if i'm the only person wih this and if it's only on the ss/coupe/or all the models.
post #3 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributing User

SS = passenger's side door armrest has the leather cut too short to fit properly around the handle.
post #4 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso
how about the body panels not lining up seemlessly/noticable gaps between panels? there's a couple spots on my ss where the body panels don't transition smoothly and there's either a gap or a lip. i'm not sure if i'm the only person wih this and if it's only on the ss/coupe/or all the models.

Your not alone, the fascia on the front and back of mine doesnt line up for shit it looks like it was cut out and moulded by a blind man.

You suck just admit it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's totaled now

However I suddenly see a Maro in my future
post #5 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
SS = passenger's side door armrest has the leather cut too short to fit properly around the handle.
Every model of cobalt has issues with this whether it's vinyl or fabric...some people seem to be alright but a large number of people are seeing the same thing across all models.

Permafried-
post #6 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributing User

second problem is that they are on national backorder for the red leather ones, and not to mention my passenger's side headlight is on national backorder as well. jeez
post #7 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 PM
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
i was told by my dealer that this was "normal" and that 90% of them come from the factory that way. they wouldn't even bother TRYING to order me a new one cuz they said the replacement would *probably* be the same way.
post #8 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex
Your not alone, the fascia on the front and back of mine doesnt line up for shit it looks like it was cut out and moulded by a blind man.
lmao, that's exactly what mine looks like!
post #9 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Contributing User

Right there with you!!!!!!

I also noticed that the left front fender of my cobalt SS at the bottom of the headlamp doesn't line up correctly with lamp, and the brake light comes on, it only happened 3 times since I bought it 2 months ago. Also the inside door handle, the leather is short and and comes out but not really noticable you know what I mean. But other than that, I don't have any major problems. I still love my Cobalt SS/SC

MyCobaltSS
post #10 of 353 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso
i was told by my dealer that this was "normal" and that 90% of them come from the factory that way. they wouldn't even bother TRYING to order me a new one cuz they said the replacement would *probably* be the same way.

tell the dealer to shove it because one dealer told me that and i took it to the place where i bought it and as soon as i pulled in they took a few minutes and ordered one without question, along with ordering the passenger's side door thing.

what i have learned is that you need to befriend someone at the service dept. at a dealer and make sure you keep them as a friend because they can help you beyond belief when it comes to warranty work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode