Cobalts SS banner

NEED INPUT: 18" painted rims or 18" high polish rims

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  ItalianJoe1 
#1 ·
I was just looking on my computer and pricing out a SS-S/C w/ my best friend (who loves civic Si's :rolleyes: ) and he says get the high polish 18" rims as a no-cost option. I kind of like the painted 18" rims, but I am not sure which one to get. I've only seen sketchy images of the high polish, could people post pictures of both. I hear the paint chips off on the painted ones, is that true? What am I better going with, does one weigh less and make my car faster :) or is it really just personal preference?

#2 ·
it's mainly personal preference. i would go with polished. the paint does usually chip off.

#4 ·
I think It depends on what color you get cause the black looks really good with the painted rims and so does the red but the blue and the yellow and orange might look ok with the polished rims.

#5 ·
Butch Sosa said:
I think It depends on what color you get cause the black looks really good with the painted rims and so does the red but the blue and the yellow and orange might look ok with the polished rims.
I'm gonna order a vic. red ss-s/c so painted is probably the way to go. But can someone post the actual rims because I heard they were different designs, but I'm not sure, thanks for your help :)

#6 ·
CobaltSScrazy said:
I was just looking on my computer and pricing out a SS-S/C w/ my best friend (who loves civic Si's :rolleyes: ) and he says get the high polish 18" rims as a no-cost option. I kind of like the painted 18" rims, but I am not sure which one to get. I've only seen sketchy images of the high polish, could people post pictures of both. I hear the paint chips off on the painted ones, is that true? What am I better going with, does one weigh less and make my car faster :) or is it really just personal preference?

I didn't know there was a choice. I thought all the SS SC came with painted 18's.

#8 ·
Where did you see a factory option for polished wheels on the SS/SC??

#9 ·
Nevermind, i see them on chevy.com. GM is getting stupid, changing everything now. I feel bad because i paid too much for my car now.

#10 ·
Stubbles said:
I guess it's a mid-year change, i noticed it yesterday too. I REALLY wish that they had that option when i bought MY car!

I would DEFINITLY have bought them!!

why? what do you think looks better about htem?

#11 · (Edited)
ok, I see the option now. I would still get the painted rims because I think they look better plus Chevy is already using the same (almost the same) polished rims on several other cars in their lineup. Monte Carlo SS, HHR, Impala SS, Malibu SS. Did I forget any ???

#12 ·
I thought the polished rims were 17's and not 18's?

Italianjoe1 how is the GMPP exhaust? I was thinking about getting it. Does it sound good? Ive heard the corsa exhaust and it sounds pretty good but its expensive.

#13 ·
I think that the high polished 18's they are talking about are these but i could be wrong....can a dealer help us out on this?

Originally Posted by CobaltSScrazy
why? what do you think looks better about htem?
Because they have a smaller "hub" than the stock painted and i like the polished look on black.

#16 ·
CobaltSScrazy said:
I'm gonna order a vic. red ss-s/c so painted is probably the way to go. But can someone post the actual rims because I heard they were different designs, but I'm not sure, thanks for your help :)

Thats right my friend run with the best Vic Red, or die like the rest. only kidding if you go to my car on my sig you can see a vic red with the painted and its clean in most of the pics and if different light.

#17 ·
The Alex said:
Thats right my friend run with the best Vic Red, or die like the rest. only kidding if you go to my car on my sig you can see a vic red with the painted and its clean in most of the pics and if different light.

thats quality, yeah I'm thinkin red w/ the painted is the way to go. The chrome just looks to bulging and out of place.

#19 ·
iso said:
i don't like the design of the spokes on the polished ones, they just look. i dunno... ugly?
Agreed, its wierd. I wonder why they don't make it more traditional 5 spoke or a ricer 12 spoke?

#20 ·
Butch Sosa said:
Italianjoe1 how is the GMPP exhaust? I was thinking about getting it. Does it sound good? Ive heard the corsa exhaust and it sounds pretty good but its expensive.
Its great, deep sound, real nice. I think its a little bit ricer at low rpm, like 2000, with large amounts of throttle. Other than that, it sounds bad ass at high rpms and you can feel the car pulling easier in the mid-high range. Great exhaust. I like the sound of a v8, and this is making me like the 4 cyl. THe backfiring when lifting to shift is great too. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.