Water leak problems? [Archive] - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

: Water leak problems?

(SS) with a SS
06-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Has anyone had water leak problems on the drivers side? The first time it happened I thought I might of not shut the door tight enough, But now it has happened again with a big puddle on my driver side floor board. So, I have to bring it to the dealership again. Thats 2 times already and the car isn't even tagged yet. I hope this SS doesn't ruin my opinion of chevy but it is starting to piss me off.

Stubbles
06-25-2005, 03:49 PM
No, nothing here, i've washed my car 3 times and never had and water leak. But i do notice that water likes to sit in the seal on the roof and roll down the side of the car leaving a nice long watermark :( on a recently cleaned car!

(SS) with a SS
06-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I didn't notice any leak when I washed the car either, it only has happened with the two Florida style down pours I has seen since I bought it. It also dosen't seem to be coming from the door but more like from behind the dash somewhere in the corner.

SS4ME
06-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Has anyone had water leak problems on the drivers side? The first time it happened I thought I might of not shut the door tight enough, But now it has happened again with a big puddle on my driver side floor board. So, I have to bring it to the dealership again. Thats 2 times already and the car isn't even tagged yet. I hope this SS doesn't ruin my opinion of chevy but it is starting to piss me off.

It's not a GM issue, you should wonder what's going on with the dealership. That is where the problem lies. Take it to a different dealership for service.

Mrmaasta
06-26-2005, 08:54 AM
No water leaking problems here either. Even after the nasty hail/rainstorms weve had for near 3 weeks now. And yes it can leave a nasty water line down the car :( I just make sure to shammy all the seals and inner door areas. It leaves the wash clean and dry!

(SS) with a SS
06-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Took it to the dealership today and turns out that the gasket that belongs on the firewall where the hood release cable goes through was nonexistant. They said it was an assembly line defect. Does any one else think that they should have to replace my carpet or am I going over the top?

SuperSport
06-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Some new cars just have that problem, my mom had a 2001 Grand Am GT brand spankin new and the passenger side floor used to get wet. They never did figure out the problem they tried all sort of crap to fix it at the dealership. Its not just chevys trust me, there is always a car coming off the line of any given manufacturer that has leaks or small imperfections in its design. That is one reason there has been a big hold up with making Cobalts and getting them to the dealerships, GM is having trouble stamping the metal. Codes and such have to be added to the car by way of stamping it, but there is some odd reason why it is difficult to stamp the Cobalts. An with the Pontiac Solstice they are having fitment issues with the front 1/4 panels and nose so that is the big hold up with that. It may just be an easy fix, I hope it works out for you.

mken
06-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Does any one else think that they should have to replace my carpet or am I going over the top?

If the carpet has mildew or shows permanant stains, then I would most certainly persue it. From how I understand a warranty works, if one part fails (or is missing in this case) then the warranty covers that and anything that is damaged by that failure. The 3/36k bumper-to-bumper should cover all that. You paid for a non-leaking car, you shouldn't have to suffer damages brought on by a leak that was caused by ignorance on the assembly line.

eckoryder23
06-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Water leaks should be done. I build the Cobalt SS at Lordstown and have on myself and they fixed them, or should have.

hookdupdelsol
06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Took it to the dealership today and turns out that the gasket that belongs on the firewall where the hood release cable goes through was nonexistant. They said it was an assembly line defect. Does any one else think that they should have to replace my carpet or am I going over the top?

Any damage caused by the 'defect' should UNDOUBTADLY(sp?) be takin care of by the factory/stealership

mken
06-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Any damage caused by the 'defect' should UNDOUBTADLY(sp?) be takin care of by the factory/stealership

lmao, couldn't think of a more fitting term myself :D

(at least it applies to where I bought mine)

(SS) with a SS
07-05-2005, 12:49 PM
The dealership is replacing the carpet, but they had to order it from michigan, so now it has been a week with out my car and counting.

LDutchSS
10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Noticed my back passenger side seat and side panel were wet today at the gas station, felt above the window and the roof feels wet...i'm gonna call chevy tommorow if it keeps this up

mnoutlaw
03-14-2010, 06:20 PM
i got a water leak on my 06 cobalt ss sc.. went through the car wash to day and noticed the drivers side pillar gettin wet where the air bag is...its not coming through the door cuz the wasnt wet.. i think its coming through the strip that runs down both sides of the roof..

BlackDragonSS
03-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I would suggest taking it to the dealership and reporting it to GM. You ca n call their Customer Service line. All it takes is enough complaints and BAM! Recall

skoal*boy
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM
yea but are they going to have a recall on a car thats 4 years old?