Cobalts SS banner

Rear Speaker Wiring Polarity

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  iball 
#1 ·
I'm trying to hook up a line output convertor to my rear 6x9 speaker wires in my SS. It's got the MP3 player in it and I want to hook up a couple subs. Can anyone tell me which wires are posative and negative in the rear?

#4 ·
Like I said, I'm hooking up a line output converter so I can run RCA jacks to my amps. I am experienced hooking up stereos and subs. I just need to know what wire is what. There isn't one spade bigger than the other one.

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
Left rear: negative is yellow/black Positive is brown / black

Right Rear: Light blue / black positive is dark blue / black

They are striped. This should be accurate unless there was a design change after the wiring diagrams were created.

edit: an easy way to tell would be to get a volt meter and measure the polarity between the wires while the unit is sending a signal.

#8 ·
BlackSS said:
Do you guys happen to know where I can get the 12 VOLT swithced power for the amp turn on in the rear of the car?

I just have wiring diagrams, not locations of harnesses, sorry. The battery feeds into the Underhood BEC then into the BCM, followed by the amplifier, and finally to the speakers / subwoofer. The BEC is in the engine compartment, the BCM and the AMP are in the I/P ( Instrument Panel ) area. The wires for this system go all over the place, from the trunk (batt) to the BEC ( engine compartment ) to the I/P and back to the, for the case of the sub, the trunk again.

#9 ·
BlackSS said:
Do you guys happen to know where I can get the 12 VOLT swithced power for the amp turn on in the rear of the car?

yeah if you have an ss, there is an empty fuse holder.. like 10, 11 or 12... i'll have to double check today. it's for some kind of lights on an autoomatic, it's where i have my water injection kit plugged up to... i'm not sure if the fuseblock on the inside of the car actually has any open slots

#12 ·
Use the ignition harness for your acc/ign connections. I believe pink or yellow is GMs ACC or IGN1 or IGN2 wire color. If you have a probe, test light or voltmeter one could easily find all this info out by looking and probing the wires that are in the ign harness located under the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.