Cobalts SS banner

Cam sensor error!

12K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  RedSStreak 
#1 ·
How many cam sensors do these cars have and where is it located? If my memory proves me right, it's located by the cams correct? On the driver side? Why is it giving me a cam sensor connection error? What can I do to correct this issue that says its the connection and not the sensor itself? It's giving me a check engine light and I would like it corrected before I have to do my inspection. Thank you guys!

#3 ·
Well I'm getting these codes: P0013- camshaft position sensor has detected and open or short circuit; P0106 - map sensor vaccum hose off, crack or pressure block. Now I just changed the map sensor last week...brand new from AZ. Why is it still giving me this error? But I would like someone to help me make sense of these error codes as I have cleared them and got these back especially after I changed the map sensor.

#14 ·
^^

Yes, I have heard and read other forums that E3s are not good to install on the Balt (but I have them on mine and I have never had a problem). That AC Delco are the best for this vehicle or it would throw codes. Other than that, they say that the Cam sensor is on driver side of the engine by the ECU?? Don't know if this is true or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.