ZZP Header - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Mark Forums Read

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums > Cobalt SS Discussion > Performance Modifications

CobaltSS.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
matt_SS_205
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf8604 View Post
Absolutely. Like doc said, it is nothing dramatic, but it gives your exhaust a little bit better tone (I still have stock exhaust). You notice an increase in torque and in horsepower and the car sounds mean, even with stock exhaust. Not too loud, just sounds angry and feels like it flows better. I would def. reccomend!
ok sweet, i have been trying to decide which header to go with, there are alot out there

Performance: GM Stage 2, 2.9, Vibrant Header D/P, Injen CAI, GMPP Performance Cat-Back, Custom Tuned, BWoody trans mount, Ingalls Torque Damper Hurst Short Throw
matt_SS_205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
Doc
Contributing User

to be honest, the headers available are pretty much the same. Well, not exactly, the shorty style ones are gonna give similar performance, zzp, intense, cobalt addiction, cti, hahn all make a version. The mid length header is newer and I haven't seen too many people with them, zzp makes one. Then there is the longer 4-2-1 style like pacesetter. Getting the coating makes sense for long term reliability, not too sure about the performance edge at this point. The coated ones sure look good though.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
matt_SS_205
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
to be honest, the headers available are pretty much the same. Well, not exactly, the shorty style ones are gonna give similar performance, zzp, intense, cobalt addiction, cti, hahn all make a version. The mid length header is newer and I haven't seen too many people with them, zzp makes one. Then there is the longer 4-2-1 style like pacesetter. Getting the coating makes sense for long term reliability, not too sure about the performance edge at this point. The coated ones sure look good though.
yeah i have come to that realization that there is not much performance differance between them, but i don't want anything that i'm gonna have to do major exhaust work, as you have to on the long tube headers, i just want one that will match up to the same points the stock header, dp, and exhaust do. zzp is at the top of my list right now, i've heard nothing but good about them, and also what dp would you guys recomend, i want a high flow cat on it.

Performance: GM Stage 2, 2.9, Vibrant Header D/P, Injen CAI, GMPP Performance Cat-Back, Custom Tuned, BWoody trans mount, Ingalls Torque Damper Hurst Short Throw
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #14
HaLt 2da coBaLt
Contributing User

I've been looking at headers, but I've heard that ANY header but the GMPP one would completely void your warranty. Are there any downpipes that don't risk the warranty? Sorry bout the extra question in the post =(
Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #15
Doc
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_SS_205 View Post
yeah i have come to that realization that there is not much performance differance between them, but i don't want anything that i'm gonna have to do major exhaust work, as you have to on the long tube headers, i just want one that will match up to the same points the stock header, dp, and exhaust do. zzp is at the top of my list right now, i've heard nothing but good about them, and also what dp would you guys recomend, i want a high flow cat on it.
ZZP has a really nice downpipe/hi-flow cat...I believe they have a 2.5" and 3". If they don't have a 2.5" then cobalt addiction carries one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLt 2da coBaLt View Post
I've been looking at headers, but I've heard that ANY header but the GMPP one would completely void your warranty. Are there any downpipes that don't risk the warranty? Sorry bout the extra question in the post =(
This honestly depends on where you take the car for service. The the GMPP manifold, you can't tell the difference unless you take it off and examine it. Even then, there will be carbon buildup so it'd have to be clean....i sure as hell wouldn't go that far to prove a point. Actually, pay the dealership to install the header, they will usually warranty the work not the part. If the part fails, its on you to fix....if they do a crappy install, not tightening the bolts, its on them.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Old 06-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #16
matt_SS_205
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
ZZP has a really nice downpipe/hi-flow cat...I believe they have a 2.5" and 3". If they don't have a 2.5" then cobalt addiction carries one.

This honestly depends on where you take the car for service. The the GMPP manifold, you can't tell the difference unless you take it off and examine it. Even then, there will be carbon buildup so it'd have to be clean....i sure as hell wouldn't go that far to prove a point. Actually, pay the dealership to install the header, they will usually warranty the work not the part. If the part fails, its on you to fix....if they do a crappy install, not tightening the bolts, its on them.
just your opinion, which would be better 2.5 or 3 inch?

Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #17
Doc
Contributing User

I like the 3" but its stepped down near the flange so it can go into most cat backs.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Old 06-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
matt_SS_205
Contributing User

ok thanks, i don't have any money to do anything right now anyway, just ordered Eibach Sportlines this afternoon

Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #19
jwolf8604
Contributing User

Holy crap guys, my MPG is dropping like a bad habit. I understand that it "depends on driving conditions". But I am attempting to keep it high. I am not driving hard at all but my MPG is down to 25.4 and still dropping. Doc, did this happen to you????? (I am highway driving and it is still dropping, 70 mph cruise control)
K&N Typhoon Intake
ZZP Mid length combo (1.75 primaries, 2.5 dp w/ hf cat)
Custom Magnaflow 2.5 catback exhaust w/ whisper resonator
B&M short throw shifter w/ stock knob
Ingalls Engine Torque Dampener

[U]Coming Soon: Cooling, Tune, lowering springs
jwolf8604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #20
Doc
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf8604 View Post
Holy crap guys, my MPG is dropping like a bad habit. I understand that it "depends on driving conditions". But I am attempting to keep it high. I am not driving hard at all but my MPG is down to 25.4 and still dropping. Doc, did this happen to you????? (I am highway driving and it is still dropping, 70 mph cruise control)
No it didn't. Do you have anything else done, like a tune..?
If you don't, it might be dumping fuel to compensate for the extra flow. My mpg is actually very good, for the most part. Lately it sucks because I live about a mile from work.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement