Cobalts SS banner

Aveo engine swap

22K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RedSStreak 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2005 Aveo and I keep looking under the hood and it looks pretty similar to a Cobalt with the Ecotech motor
so my question is will a engine and trany from the cobalt fit
or is it a disaster wanting to happen

OK before you think Im just someone with no skills and it would be way out there I have done swaps before and no not Honda swaps but a V8 ford into a Mazda B2200 and a few race car builds so I know I could make it work but Im hoping it would be some what bolt in yes I relive there would have to be a complete wiring change but thats the easy stuff

thank you any info would be helpful
Steve

#2 ·
It would take alot of work. First off, the Aveo frame is much different and smaller. Would definitely need a shorter driveshaft/s. And I'm pretty sure the engine mount locations are different.

It would be easier (and cheaper) to just pull the engine, seal that thing up with some new pistons and rings a good head gasket, and port the hell out of it, and then throw a turbo on there and run about 15 psi. At 1800 lbs that your car weighs, that thing will fly. Just my .02

#5 ·
I guess because 1 fell into my lap and I want a new toy Im done modding SRT4 and really like the new chev turbo set up and I can get a wrecked SS turbo
so it sounds like i may give it a go Im usually real slow after christmas so if I start to plan this now it will fit into my schudle and be kinda retarded for next spring

ya I could just turbo the Aveo but GM is already doing that so I should just wait plus the Colbalt motor is going to be way tuffer than the Aveo

LOL just rolling it over for now :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.