Cobalts SS banner

Halo Headlights

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  metroplex 
#1 ·
Which ones are the best to get? I am looking for ones that plug right in to the factory plug with no cutting of wires.

#2 ·
Its gonna be really hard to find that man. The headlights and high beams will be plug and play, but the Halo's will have to be tapped into your parking lights, which is REALLY easy.

#4 ·
Got mine off E-bay.

There is a black and brown wire splitting off from the headlight wire harness and going into your parking lights. Just cut them both about mid way and strip the insulation off of cut ends.

My new Headlights came with 2 sets of black and white wires, 1 set for the LED's and 1 set for the Halo's. The 2 black wires get twisted with the black wires from the parking light, and the 2 white wires get twisted with the brown wires from the parking light. Then just use electrical tape and wrap the hell out of it. Done.

Note: This is just for 1 headlight, same applies to the other side. Hope this helps

#5 ·
I saw a 08-09 SS/TC in the parking lot today and it had a nice set of halo/LED DRL headlights. The lenses were marked SONAR. Does anyone know where I can find these?

I have heard a few reports of the aftermarket headlights crapping out: CCFL halos failing, LEDs failing, excessive moisture inside the lens, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.