HELP!!! Severe Misfire Problems! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Mark Forums Read

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums > Cobalt SS Discussion > General Discussion

CobaltSS.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Juztawn

HELP!!! Severe Misfire Problems!

06 S/C, has 42k miles, injen intake, header/downpipe, stage 2. Car has been having problems for the last 10k miles, all 4 cylinders misfire at a random order, mostly at idle. the stage 2 was installed by dealer in hopes that it would be the fix, it wasnt of course. when i first had problems i figured that changing the plugs might help the problem, car has NGK BKR7E plugs as recommended by Intense Racing, still no fix. Dealership has given up on car saying that its my modifications that are causing the misfire. I dont see why my car is the only one having problems with mods. I know of other people with similar mods as mine or even more and have not heard of this porblem. The intake has been on the car since it had about 7k miles and problem didnt start till about 30k miles. Crank position sensor was replaced around this time. could this be the problem? I'm not sure where to start and I could REALLY USE HELP WITH THIS. Any info would be great and thanks for the help everyone.
Juztawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
Chaos320

My buddy (not driving a cobalt but still the same problems with his car) had very bad misfiring problems in his roush mustang. He advanced the timing in his car causing the problem plus the fact he modded his car before his car was broke in...i dont know if you did advance the timing or not but atleast its a little help...he had to have his engine replaced sorry dude and i hope it dont come down to that
Chaos320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Juztawn

Yeah, i hope i dont have to replace the engine either. Ill be taking the car to a well know tech in my area, who also happens to own a cobalt and see what he has to say about the car. This problem is a total shame, because I love my car, but its had so many problems that im giving up on it. If this guy cant fix it them im getting rid of the car.
Juztawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
thewondererEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztawn View Post
Yeah, i hope i dont have to replace the engine either. Ill be taking the car to a well know tech in my area, who also happens to own a cobalt and see what he has to say about the car. This problem is a total shame, because I love my car, but its had so many problems that im giving up on it. If this guy cant fix it them im getting rid of the car.

Take it to a tuner, get it tuned, and change your plugs/wires. see what they say during the tune session about it. Make sure u goto someone knowledgable about ur car. not just an any car tuner

"Walking isn't a lost art - one must, by some means, get to the garage. " ~Evan Esar
thewondererEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
Show Off
Contributing User

is it throwing a code? if so have it read and see what it says.
Advertisement