Cobalt Clutch Problem - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Cobalt Clutch Problem

Now the 2nd time I've had to get my car towed to the dealer because of this issue. Out of nowhere, the shifter can be moved in a big circle without even pushing in the clutch pedal, but could still barely be put in gear, until eventually you can't put it in any gear.

Same thing happened again except when I put it in 2nd gear, that bitch stayed there! Now the shifter goes back and forth between 1st and 2nd, but not engaging. Won't even go to the neutral section, just stuck all the way to the left, free-swinging back and forth.

I'm pretty sure its not the clutch, but rather the linkage or a roll pin is messed up. Any ideas?

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I see no one replied to this but just wanted to update. It ended up being the clutch fork that was messed up. And that part just happens to be on National backorder and they wont receive the part until Friday. Fuckin sucks.

They put in a freakin Aveo for a rental car! Been stuck in this Piece Of Shit since Thursday and now I gotta wait till probably Saturday for them to put that damn thing in. I really hate the Aveo(all what, 80 hp?), doesnt even have a damn CD player, nor power anything. Its ok, I've been ripping the shit of the E-brake and drifting like a MF! I hate rental cars

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Don't worry....

I had viewed this thread but could not tell you what the problem could have been because it could of been one out of plenty.

On the note of the Aveo: I feel you man. That thing is a slug on wheels. It is as slow as a hybrid Honda but with a GM badge on it. You should throw that POS around as much as you can before you give it back.

Hope you get the SS out soon! Good luck.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Thanks. Yah I've been beating the shit out it, trust me. I love the cute little horn they put on those things. They guys at work love it. Sounds like the fuckin road runner! Nee Nee

Yah, I can't believe the part is on backorder. Either my situation happens alot, or hardly ever. This sux, I miss my baby=( I'm so depressed, lol

2007 SS/SC
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Contributing User

Aww i feel for you.... I hope all goes well at the doctors and your baby arrives home safely after surgery... lol. As for the Aveo... I love GM but what the F**k were they thinking when they decided to make that... Yup i would sure bag it before it goes back.... Have fun while doin it
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

hahaha, lmfao! I totally agree. I miss my tint. If I had tint on the Aveo, I'd at least be able to hide my face when I come to red lights. So embarassing. I'm used to getting looks while I'm driving my SS, cuz its sexy hehe, but now I get looks from, what feels like, everybody! I feel like everyone is pointing and laughing at me, lol.

2007 SS/SC
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Contributing User

Haha... Well i hate to say this bud BUT ppl probably are laughing at you... A guy driving an aveo?? They are probably thinking what the hell?? Ok sorry that was mean but just think soon you will have your ride and everything will be all good. I dunno what i would do if i were in your shoes?? I think i may just run and hide.... I would miss my car way too much to let it sit there. Anywho, keep us posted & good luck to you....
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Yah, I'd be laughing at me too. It used to me doing the laughing. Hopefully I'll have her tomorrow so she will be ready for the weekend. We like to for long rides together and terrorize the local rice population. lol

2007 SS/SC
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Yeah a man driving an Aveo over here on my side of the U.S. = fruit Loop.

Not saying you are because you are stuck with it but its the same thing with a man driving a yellow bug or a pink Mini Cooper .
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Or an xB, lol. On a serious note though, those things only weigh 1800 lbs! I already cooked up some ways to hook that thing up, lol. I think with the right owner that thing could haul some ass. Or was that just a bad dream I had last night?

2007 SS/SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode