Some problems with my SS - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Some problems with my SS

Some weird stuff that i have noticed since i purchased my SS 3weeks ago. 1st thing the radio wont play most regular store bought cds went to dealer & had them try the cds that worked & didnt worked so they ordered my a new radio.
2nd was i hear clunking/knocking noises in my front suspension or steering when turn or go over bumps & all that stuff they say they didnt hear it but im gonna bring back & go for a ride with them + its hard to hear it when its down pooring outside all day & have all that road noise to hear the steerin noise & 3rd when i down shift into 2nd or 1st & when it gets to real low rpms i put my clutch in & stop then the rpms jump crazy from idle to above idle to just about stalling & it keeps doing that but then i tap the gas & then it idles fine

just some input for all you SS owners on whats up with my car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 10:28 PM

i have a whislting noise when i accelerate... its really starting to get to me now.. thinking about bringing it to the dealer. another problem i have had was that my battery died... twice
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsrt4
Some weird stuff that i have noticed since i purchased my SS 3weeks ago. 1st thing the radio wont play most regular store bought cds went to dealer & had them try the cds that worked & didnt worked so they ordered my a new radio.
2nd was i hear clunking/knocking noises in my front suspension or steering when turn or go over bumps & all that stuff they say they didnt hear it but im gonna bring back & go for a ride with them + its hard to hear it when its down pooring outside all day & have all that road noise to hear the steerin noise & 3rd when i down shift into 2nd or 1st & when it gets to real low rpms i put my clutch in & stop then the rpms jump crazy from idle to above idle to just about stalling & it keeps doing that but then i tap the gas & then it idles fine
just some input for all you SS owners on whats up with my car
in my lancer it will drop to almost 550, then shoot up to about 900-1000, then fall back down again.. from what ive herd its to save gas, dont understand it myself, but i wouldnt worry about it

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:50 AM

my SS does the same thing...sometimes it will do it when I'm driving slowly in first, and sort of "gallop" just give it a little gas and it smooths out. Nothing to worry about.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 11:10 PM

i have a whislting noise when i accelerate... its really starting to get to me now..
well if u have a Coball SS/sc it mite jus be the supercharger yur hearin duhhhh
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

i also noticed that from the factory the right side of front bumper under headlight theres lines of indents that were there when it was painted... and the red insert is starting to come apart on pass.side were it goes under the inserts for the switchers
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 04:54 PM

Steering clunk

I have a base Cobalt. I have 4,000 km's on it and it is also starting to clunk at very low speeds when turning, as well as going over speed bumps. I took it to the dealer. The dealer contacted GM and they said it is likely the connecting shaft between the steering column and the steering rack. They will be replacing the part under warranty. Hopefully it works and doesn't return again in 4,000 km's.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 PM

It kinda sounds like your IAC is not working right. i would get that checked out. as for the red inserts coming out, take it to the dealer and have them replace the door panle, and the clunking might be a intermediate shaft, i have had that problem on some of the 2002-2004 cavaliers.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

ok ya i have an appoitment for doorpanels
the trim piece for sunroof popped off after powershifting into 2nd & i noticed the lil metal clip in headliner is broken so thats gotta get fixed & i def. will mention about the iac sensor but they told me that they didnt find anything wrong thus it happens once in awhile & i also noticed driving around town or on highway the lil' light on dash blinks saying brake (flashes once & goes away) & my hand is on shifter not ebrake so i thought that was weird
PLEASE HELP ME:-)
THANKS
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 01:30 AM

yeah i had my sunroof trim thingy pop off too, took it back to the dealer and they put it back on then it came off again and i just glued it

but thats pretty much it, everything else is good

ps mine also does the crazy idle thing, but i think its just the electric throttle trying to compensate for the drop in rpms, but it seems normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode