Check your door panels - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Angry Check your door panels

On my car, the leather around the passenger side door grab was seperating right where you grab to pull the door closed.
This is the second time to take it in, and the door panel is still on back order. My service advisor informed me this appears to be a nation wide problem.
Go check your door panels and see if the material is still nice and tight around the place you grab to pull it shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM

Talking

Me too i just got a new door panel from the dealer today they said i'm the second one they think the leather srank from the heat but anyone with this problem is intitled to a new door panel
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

How long did you have to wait for the door panel to come in?
I have been waiting two weeks

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM

i haven't noticed that, but then again i haven't had too many passengers in my car.. one thing i have noticed though, is my driver side inside door handle, is making a clicking sound whenever you open it now, it still opens but doesn't sound right.. hopefully nothing comes of that...
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzykarl
i haven't noticed that, but then again i haven't had too many passengers in my car..
Thats the funny thing.. I haven't had any passengers in my car except for my wife rode with me "once" to Wally World
I spend an hour driving to work, park way out away from anyone else.
Spend an hour driving home, straight in the garage, secured for the night..
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 PM

I've noticed in all of the interior pics of the leather equipped SS's that the seats material is rather loose in the "butt" area. Is that a issue they are going to address as well or is it supposed to be like that. Most sports cars that have leather sport buckets don't have loose leather, its usually very nice and tight. Just wondering because I've seen it quite a bit and was always curious.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Contributing User

i got the same issue with my passenger side panel, i haven't taken it in yet... my main issue is like Oj said... my seat was made with cheap leather, or too much... one of the two, maybe both lol
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:31 PM

yeah same here with the seats.. seems to get looser as more time is spent sitting on them... hopefully they don't get any looser..
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:16 PM

My passenger door power window/lock panel is seperating from the leather. Hmm, what's up with the passenger side leather problems? Why not the driver's side?
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:19 PM

thats weird...i got all three problems. my passenger door panel, the leather is pealing. i ordered the panel about a week ago and i got the call today saying it was in. my drivers side door handle clicks....madd annoying....and the seat looks like the leather stretches....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode