LNF UPGRADE (2 Days in Shop) HELP PLEASE - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

LNF UPGRADE (2 Days in Shop) HELP PLEASE

I need some help and cant find the answer to this anywhere. I have my TC/SS in teh shop right now (day 2) getting the LNF upgrade. they had everything done the first day but when we went to test it out we lost the turbo.

The found a hose loose so they replaced it. Did it again and the same problem only dont know if its a hose loose or what.

The car is very sluggish and when the boost hits around 4lbs (thats it!) I loose my Turbo.

Anyone have this problem or know what the answer might be or maybe even where to look for it?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 01:07 PM

Garage
Hmmmm, seems like you are in a pickle there....

That shop should be fixing the problem and see if you can get more info from these guys so the members here that are experienced in the LNF can further help you. A loose hose should not be the main problem, may be something bigger than that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
what were they doing to it? putting the stage kit on it?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to BlackDragonSS Send a message via MSN to BlackDragonSS Send a message via Skype™ to BlackDragonSS
Sounds like its in Limp Mode

"

The Skinny:
1980 Chevy Malibu
229 cu. in. V6 (don't judge)
3 spd. Saginaw
15 in. Rally wheels.
Mismatched paint.
A little rust.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Contributing User

Have them check the wiring to the new map sensors. One of the sensors only uses 3 of the 4 wires in the connector. If they swapped connector wires 2 and 3, which could be easy to do because of the sorta confusing picture in the directions, you will get all sorts of problems. It should set a check engine light, that should point them in the right direction. Sorry about the car, ive done lots of there gm lnf upgrades and havent had any problems.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Did anyone ever find out what was causing this? I did the LNF upgrade on my TC/SS about a year ago and it ran perfect for 6-8 months. Then all of a sudden one day, without any check engine light, I start having this problem! This is incredibly frustrating because the issue happens for a couple days and then goes away. In the meantime, the check engine light comes on sporadically and doesn't appear to be directly linked to the boost issue. This issue has been on and off for the past 3 months and I've had the car in the dealership more than 10 times to have them look at it... still no permanent solution.

PLEASE HELP! This is honestly making me want to sell my car it's so annoying!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
when you get a check engine code, what is it?

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to kromko52
not to sound like an asshole but the lnf upgrade from chevy is the biggest most expensive rip off and all i have heard about them is problems take the car back get it removed get ur money back and go get a ZZP tune or a trifecta tune

435whp 402tq with the HAHN RACECRAFT SUPER 20G TURBO KIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode