Small scratch - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via Yahoo to dervin3
Small scratch

Does the standard warranty cover small paint scratches? There's a tiny scratch on the tip of my passenger door. I've never hit anything with any of my doors though. I just noticed it today and had it since May. I was wondering if it was covered under warranty because they might think I just opened the door and hit something and not fix it. It appears to be a simple fix. Just a quick swipe of touch up paint, not even a drops worth. Would they fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 07:48 PM

Not sure call them and ask if "there were a scratch" would it be covered under warrantee or will there be a need for me to just purchase touch up paint? Just try not to say you have a scratch just say you are just asking for some general knowledge. That would be what i do. But do what you fell is right.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 11:07 PM

I know this sounds pretty bad but this is what I would do.. If the scratch is bad... Bring it to the dealership and say there is something wrong with your car (but not really....) Then knowing nothing is wrong with your car before you leave walk out with the severs manger and spot a scratch in your car then they have to fix it.... Thats if you dont want to pay any money to fix it your-self....

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 11:17 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizoCG
I know this sounds pretty bad but this is what I would do.. If the scratch is bad... Bring it to the dealership and say there is something wrong with your car (but not really....) Then knowing nothing is wrong with your car before you leave walk out with the severs manger and spot a scratch in your car then they have to fix it.... Thats if you dont want to pay any money to fix it your-self....
LOL.. that's great'

You have to be slick about it though!!! Tell them your battery died, lol..

I say you actually really try this!!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:35 PM

Oh man... you guys are wrong...

Scratches are not covered because its not a manufacters defect, you can get scratches just driving in the street & etc...
Sorry
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:44 PM

the only way the dealer will fix a scratch is if you bring it in for service and they make the scratch and u notice before you leave
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Well since it's not covered, how do I go about fixing it myself? Its very tiny but damn being brand new it looks SO HUGE to me. Its not even a quarter inch long and its on the edge of the door where the metal wraps back around. As small as it is would it need the whole deal such as primer, paint and clear coat? It won't even need a drop of each.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:29 PM

Get toutch up paint that will take care of it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizoCG
yea it does sound pretty bad. i work at a dealer and i hate when people try to pull one over on us.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

anyone know the color code for victory red?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode