thr***le body codes out the wazoo - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

thr***le body codes out the wazoo

hello to those who know me!
i am having some trouble with my car. i am pretty qualified to diagnose and fix it myself, and i have a few ideas but i'd like to know if anyone else has something to say that i don't know!
ok so i'll start the car cold engine coolant is about 86F
-MIL light, reduced engine power
-occasionally it will misfire when the MIL light comes on. i clear the codes with the interceptor and the car regains control of it's idle.
-i get a p1681 by itself
-or a p2101 by itself
-p2135, p0507 and p0496 were shut off via hptuners to pass inspection last month.
-i hear a grinding noise like there's rocks in my thr***le body being tumbled around. when i hit closed loop at 113F, the sound keeps going. it will randomly stop.
-the connector is in good.
-the car gradually got worse. it started with a mil light once in a blue moon, then progressed to reduced engine power messages. i would clear them and the problem went away for about a month and come back.
-i drive the car now and i press the pedal to the floor, the car goes but very slowly like the tb won't open. the car will not go past 10hg on my vac gauge and the needle shakes. i checked the interceptor for thr***le percentage, seems normal. it will sputter slightly sometimes and randomly give me a mil light, misfiring again. i clear it, it goes away. sometimes it will come back several times in a row.
-my pcm does not match the defective julian date

so I have a feeling it's either my TB, my PCM or my tune.
first step is replacing the tb, because i suspect the gear inside may be stripped, causing the gradual worsening of the problem and the grinding sound.
if that doesn't work i will flash back to stock.
if that doesn't work i'll buy a new pcm
amidoinitrite?
if anyone can save me time or money please speak up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
yea i would def replace the TB

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

fixed. it was the tb!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode