Fan Problems - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Fan Problems

So I brought my Colbalt SS to the dealership for the power steering recall about a week ago. My car is now overheating and the fan is not going on unless I run my A/C to trick the computer and make the fan come on. I brought it to my local mechanic and he ran it through the system to find no sensors or problems found. He said there was some corrusion in the fuse box...my machanic says I will have to bring it to a GM dealership to get it fixed. My Colbalt SS has 80,000 miles but I still think that it is peculiar that the problem arises after I bring it in for a free recall and a GM dealership being the only place I can bring it to fix it. What should I do and/or how should I question GM about this issue? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Take it to the dealership. Tell them your fan isnt comming on and to fix it.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributing User

Garage
like skoal said. . i had sertin issues on my new cobalt ss turbo. when first brought it id take it in for minor cosmetic stuff . and it would come out and id find something else that wasnt there did some looking up and found i could hold the lemon law over there head. so after the 4th visit i went str8 to the manager of the dealership. told them they would have my car for one day. (like 5th time i had taken it back) i said one day thats it. i find anything else wrong with it even a minor scratch its on . *by this time im beat red and raised voice) . said if i had to ever brg it back for anything thats one not on me. or normal maintainance etc. im geting every dime back. and posibly more. so i caim back the next day . car shined like never befor. every lil thing was fixed. and i got 3 apologies for the b.s i had to go through then recieved and email from some head dude apologizeing. stealerships do what they need to do when u back em up to a wall. my case i went over bored yes but its my first ever car hell ive only had my licenses for like 6 months . got the car after having it for 3 lol. so yeah haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Contributing User

Garage
oh and through this all this i have free acccess to there paint / cosmetic touch up shop lol. if i get a scratch a ding etc etc. they fix it free for life. while id only take it there if i couldnt fix it or didnt have the time. but its nice to know im able to take it there and not cost a thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:30 PM

I have had the same problem with my 05 ss/sc.... before i took it in for the recall. I have seen it get as high as 213 degrees and still no fan, so now i do the same as you and just turn on the a/c till it cools down. Let me know if anyone finds a fix for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode