door needs adjusting? help :*( - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Unhappy door needs adjusting? help :*(

k i have 1 anoyin problem with my girl

k when the drivers side door is closed right above the rubber trim theres a chip . that i had the dealer fix when i first got it. they did. then car was back there for something else and the chip was back so they checkd the doors alighnment etc and fixed the chip again well a week or 2 latter it was back . got touch up paint figured id need some anyways so i was like ill try myself this time did that last week finaly. well today guess what its backkkkkkkkk GRRRRRRRRRR
and on the door its self has a small chip in the same location that the chip above the rubber seal is but the chip on the door i fixed last week and its still fine so i dont get it??? . so im like its hitting and or rubbing some how right?

well i did the following. closed the door looked at it theres no way it was hiting
pulled up on the door still doesnt come close. so i get pissed open the door . slam it as hard as posible. nope still dont hit. only other thing it can be is drive down the road hiting bumps etc making it rub?? when the doors closed the gap seems to be uniform . no other marks on the door. want this fixed so anoying to have a nice lookin car and haveing 1 flaw lol...

anyways any tips i would be greatfull.

*if any include takign door trims off etc adjusting things plz tell me how to do em cause never messed with a car door befor if it would close id just close it harder haha. *but dont have issues with it closeing or opening. doesnt look like theres any rubbing on the latches etc..*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

Last edited by Mentalm; 09-16-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
i believe i found the issue. lookin at passenger vs driver door outter rubber trim . it apears the drivers side has eaither shrunk or when was installed over stretched . and now right at the curve ./ starting where the chip is the ruber can barley be seen where the passenger side the rubber is easyly seen any ideas on easy cheapo fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode