diver information center - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

diver information center

Everything appears to be working on the driver information center except for the thermometer. It appears to work fine when I get up for work in the morning and get to work. I'm in a business that requires me to do some traveling and when I start up my car again the temperature appears to be locked only what it was when I got into work... and it will stay that way for the whole day.

The weird thing is that sometimes when I go home sometimes it'll correct it's self along my travels and shoot up about 20 degrees then work the whole way home. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this thing? I know it's just a thermometer but it's driving me nuts lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 06:15 PM

lol yea it would deff drive me nuts too.. i think you should go get it checked out
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributing User

Try using the reset button?

Doesn't work for all of the driver info screens, but its worth a shot.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley
Try using the reset button?

Doesn't work for all of the driver info screens, but its worth a shot.
Yeah I've tried that but it doesn't work -- I think I'll get it checked out. It would probably be a good way to kill two birds with one stone considering that my subwoofer keeps rattling in the trunk.

Well I figured out what was going on with the rattling subwoofer. It turns out that the fabric was bubbling up behind the woofer and it makes this rattling noise. When I push the bubble down, the rattling goes away. I guess I'll just need to have someone sit in my trunk for a while until I figure out how to flatten it.

Last edited by nobleeagle; 07-31-2005 at 10:59 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 04:42 AM

The temperture readout is "filtered" by the BCM so that any rise in temperature takes longer to update and be reflected in the DIC readout, unless you are moving above a set speed. (any drops in temperature that are observed are instantaneous) This "feature" prevents the display from showing abnormally high or wildly fluctuating temperatures in hot weather traffic. This is neccesary as the ambient temperature sensor is out in the front end of the car (in rad support bezel near headlight) and would be cycling all over the place if the "raw" sensor value was used.
Once you are driving above 40 mph the temp readout should update to the raw value almost immediately, but if you've just started your car and are idling or are driving a low speeds it will take a lot longer for the filtered value to be updated by the BCM to match the raw sensor input.
HTH
WOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode