Brake/Clutch Fluid Issue - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Brake/Clutch Fluid Issue

So, I'm sure like many other places around the country, it was very hot here today. After driving about an hour and as it got hotter I noticed that it was getting tough (later impossible) to shift into (especially lower) gears even at a standstill. Because I had this problem with a car before I checked to see if the brake/clutch fluid was low. It was not but VERY black. Later on as it cooled off the problem went away.

New transmission and clutch not even a year ago. I would have thought they would have put new fluid in but hey, maybe not. My friend is coming over to help me flush out and replace the fluid. I am pretty sure that will solve the problem but wanted to check with the forum because you always have good advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Garage
Eww.... Yeah, whoever did your transmission service is liable for that. Check the original receipt when you had it done and see what they did. If they did not flush the system, they did a halfa** job and they can be reported to the BAR (bureau of automotive repair). And if they did, their warranty should cover that because brake fluid doesn't go black in less than a year unless you tamper with it.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I think I'll be taking it in today. They dealer I had it done has been pretty good about working with me. Not always the best repairmen but good for the price when they are covering many problems for free through GM goodwill warrentee.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I am getting really frustrated with the GM dealer around here. They can't diagnose my idle problem I have been having for three years and now I bring it in for this problem and the transmission technician stalls my car 3x trying to get it to go. So he asks me if its a stock clutch and I say no. He responds with, "Its a clutch problem." I asked him what it could be and got the same response. Then later tells me my clutch (Stage 1 Exedy, I believe, from Turbo Tech) is not meant to be used in stock cars and that is why I have problems. My opinion on the matter is he was just annoyed that he couldn't drive the car and started blaming it on the part because it was not GM. Now, yes, he is a transmission tech so I am sure he is very good at working with car but when he can't drive the car, hears the clutch isn't stock, and immediately blames my problem on that without being able to even give some kind of direction to me what kind of "clutch problem" it is, to me it seems like he just is looking for the easiest scape goat. I don't why pretty much every person at this dealership treats me like I am dumb. Too bad they are the only GM dealer in town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode