blown turbo????? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via Yahoo to kaiah723
blown turbo?????

not sure what my problem is but maybe u guys can help. i was sitting idleing for about 5 min when all of a sudden i started pouring blue smoke out of my exhaust. i was in a shitty neighborhood so i couldnt just turn the car off and look so i drove away and as soon as i got around the block there was no smoke at all. got to a friends house and checked the oil right away. level was good color was good. slight oder of gas but im told thats normal. this happened a couple of months ago and hasn't happened again. boost steady around 18psi spikes 21. engine still makes power only noticable problem is i cut out up top. plugs r good not fowled im thinking my tune is not to good. its dry around the turbo, no leaking oil so wtf happened. i do have a compressor surge issue but i havent drove the car hard at all since i started getting the surge. i try not to drive the car at all but i somtimes i have no choice. hopefully someone can tell me whats goin on.

2009 ss imperial blue metalic LSD, Dejon powerhouse intake, trifecta tune, Dejon bpv spring upgrade, injen hotside pipe, spec stage 3, modern performance catted dp, janetty racing 3in side exit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 AM

Garage
Sounds like you might have an injector problem. Have you checked those at all? Or maybe the tune is definitely making the car run too rich.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

no i havent checked the injectors. thats not a bad idea. somtimes the car runs great i took it out yesterday and it ran perect.

2009 ss imperial blue metalic LSD, Dejon powerhouse intake, trifecta tune, Dejon bpv spring upgrade, injen hotside pipe, spec stage 3, modern performance catted dp, janetty racing 3in side exit.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Its not a injector, its either ou blew a seal out of your turbo or you cracked a piston, best way to tell is a commpression test if thats good order a new 02 housing gasket, tkae off your 02housing and see if there is oil there.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

if the seal was blown would i be holding 18psi steady? i was told i would loose boost if the seal was blown. i got a reply on another forum and this has happened to other people. the guy said his was a blockage in the oil return line.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in