Error Code P0013, Help!? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Error Code P0013, Help!?

Okay, I'm new to this forum. I have no idea if this is even in the right place...if not, I can move it! So I have a 2009 manual Cobalt LT (Sorry it's not an SS, i just figured somebody here may be able to help me out). I'm going to be pretty detailed so hopefully it'll give you a clear idea of what's going on!

About a month and a half ago the check engine light came on, I took it to an auto store and they told me it was the code P0013. Something about a camshaft position sensor. I ended up getting what I thought was the right part later that night. The next day I was sitting in my car on break and the RPM's started to go crazy, up and down, up and down, and then....It stalled itself. I drove it home and swapped cars so my dad could put the part in. It turns out it wasn't the right part and I returned it the next day. They told me I had to go to the dealership to get the part/fixed. The check engine light has been going on and off, so I've put off doing it since i figured it would a pretty hefty price. My mom had driven the car and filled it up with gas at a raceway gas station. I do know my car and how it acts based off different places gas. (I got walmart's gas before and it made my car stall and go crazy. So that's probably what caused that). BUT, I'm really confused why the check engine light comes on and off whenever it pleases!!

Another thing is my right door speaker isn't working. It's not blown - it was coming on and off for a while and sounded fine. Eventually I just stopped hearing sound at all. I pulled off the door and check the connections and it was all snug. I think it may just be a short in the wiring somewhere, not completely sure.

The reason I mentioned that is because I read somewhere else it could be a connection issue with the Camshaft position sensor thingy. Maybe that is related to it? i have no clue.

That should be most of the information you need if you're able to help me! If not, feel free to ask it and I'll definitely respond and try and help as much as possible! Thank you all so much for your help in advance!!!!

Last edited by killakodyson; 08-19-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: adding more details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode