My Cobalt SS nightmare - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

My Cobalt SS nightmare

Long story short my dumbass bought a clean Cobalt SS off Craigslist (dont throw stuff at me) I was able to talk the seller down a grand on it. Great deal right? On the way home after paying 4k for it, it starts cutting out, I should have turned around but I didnt. Drove it a little over a week back and forth, same thing, even dying in the street. Took it to my mechanic it was reading the P0449 code, I see that common, he said it wouldnt cause the car problems, so he replaced the camshaft sensor. Still the choking and stuff, that was the other code it threw out.

I took it back to his garage yesterday after it threw a power steering light on the dash. He drove it to the dealer which he said his computer didnt pick up anything else. Dealer called today with great news. NOT

3 things there 2 hour analyzing told me, I was thinking Id pay $50+ to get the computer check, nope, not me, it was far worse than that.

I have a PCM- Power train control module problem $710
Ticking noise in the dash when car starts on passenger side, Air Inlet Activator $622
Power Steering Speed Sensor $200.

I called the POS I bought the car from because the dealer told me the car had been wrecked, I told them it wasnt disclosed on the ad, of course it was in the middle of all the bullshit mumbo jumbo from what the wife sent me. The ad is removed of course, of course it said it was their daily driver, my ass, no way that car went anywheres acting like that.

I called a attorney who said it wouldnt be worth the time to sue, and hed charge probably a grand to even start it. I paid 4k for the car. I have a sick kid that has seizures and already had a car about to crap out, I could have spent 700 of what I paid that fool to fix my car.

I know dealers are high, but I am unsure if most mechanics can fix these known problems. My mechanic said he can fix some of it, but IDK what and the dealer said the 700 problem provides that fixes it.

Anything I can do? I thought there was a lemon law but apparently that is for car dealers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode