driving at night - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

driving at night

anyone else have this problem where you're driving at night and there's another car off in the distance, who, as they approach you either flip or just turn on their high beams, as if to let you know YOUR high beams are on... when they're not. it happens at least once every night to me, and when i flash my high beams at them, they stop. i know the lights on my ss aren't that bright, so are they possibly aimed too high? all i know is i've started swearing heavily every time this happens, and one day(night) i'm just gonna snap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Not sure, Nobody bothers me about my lights being too bright. They should be aimed right unless someone has messed with the headlights. But I know how pissed you get, I used to drive a 93 mx-6 w/ halo projectors and those things were bright, everyone would flash me, even the 5.0
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso
anyone else have this problem where you're driving at night and there's another car off in the distance, who, as they approach you either flip or just turn on their high beams, as if to let you know YOUR high beams are on... when they're not. it happens at least once every night to me, and when i flash my high beams at them, they stop. i know the lights on my ss aren't that bright, so are they possibly aimed too high? all i know is i've started swearing heavily every time this happens, and one day(night) i'm just gonna snap.
Make sure they're adjusted. I get that sometimes in my Redline too, but the lights are fine... kinda odd...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner
Make sure they're adjusted. I get that sometimes in my Redline too, but the lights are fine... kinda odd...

maybe they think you're hot and they just want to express their opinions by flashing high beams at you
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 PM

Although I have only had my SS for a week (today is a week happy birthday to my SS!!) I drive it an hour to work every morning and haven't had one person flash their high beams at me. I even have my fog lights on at the time too (Yeah I am addicted to using them)......
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 PM

yea it looks rich with the fog lights.. haha everytime my lights turn on i turn the fogs on... i wish they turned on when the lights did tho
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foXll17
yea it looks rich with the fog lights.. haha everytime my lights turn on i turn the fogs on... i wish they turned on when the lights did tho

Hahah I'm the same way, I just don't like the funky green symbol that lights up when you have them on.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
iso
Contributing User

i read the owner's manual (yea i'm that weird), and there's actually a test you can do to see if you're lights are aimed right. now all i need is 20 feet of level ground and a perfectly parallel wall. whatever, i'll get around to checking that out, for now... i've resorted to just flipping off everyone who flashes their high beams at me. oh, and hell yea i drive around with the fog lamps on too... if you've got em, might as well use em.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
Hahah I'm the same way, I just don't like the funky green symbol that lights up when you have them on.
yea its kinda annoying lol
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso
i've resorted to just flipping off everyone who flashes their high beams at me.
LMAO...I guess that's one solution to the problem . I've had a couple of people flash me in my LS so I got the alignment checked and they were dead center, nothing wrong with them at all. Maybe it's just the radius with which they project out of the headlamps is different than most vehicles you see on the road ?

Permafried-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode