Speedometer problem. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Speedometer problem.

Hey all.

So, my wife Killed the battery in the cobalt again (why didn't GM include the warning chime on this car when you leave the lights on?)....

I jumped the car as the manual states, again (2nd time now). This time there is something different tho. The Speedo is all over the place. right now it's at 120mph sitting still. when I drive it will go all over, up, down, 40, 50, 90, -30 or so....

On my corvette you can pull a couple fuses to reset the PCM/BCM and be good to go, any ideas on what fuses those are on the cobalt?

Also, how do you remove the console panel to get to the interior fusebox? the manual just says "remove the panel", but I can't get it to go w/o fear that I am going to snap some needed tabs off the back.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by HalfMoon; 08-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:19 PM

why doesnt she just leave the light switch alone so its on auto? anyways aboutt he fuse box cover i know its on good but just yank it hark it will come off. i did that to mine and it didnt break
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
why doesnt she just leave the light switch alone so its on auto? anyways aboutt he fuse box cover i know its on good but just yank it hark it will come off. i did that to mine and it didnt break
well, we live in a town at the end of a mountain road, where the police are enforcing a daylight headlight area of 18 miles. If you don't have your actual headlights on (real headlights, not DRL's) they ticket you and then proceed to hit you up for anything else they can imagine.

I'm gonna go yank it now. (the cover... really... just the cover. )

Thx.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 PM

i sur hope just the cover...lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:32 AM

You could just try disconnecting the battery for like 30 mins. We do that to reset the comp (and the radio I guess, but o well). Our battery is in the trunk, is that where yours are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode