trunk problems? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Question trunk problems?

i bought my cobalt about a month ago.. the trunk release inside the car dosnt work, nor does the button on my keychain, am i missing something here? or is my trunk just not functoining
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink30056
i bought my cobalt about a month ago.. the trunk release inside the car dosnt work, nor does the button on my keychain, am i missing something here? or is my trunk just not functoining

Is there a button in your glove box that says, "trunk release ON/OFF"? Or did you try opening the trunk with the car on?

Don't take these as insults... I worked at a stereo shop and had people come in saying there back speakers don't work, because they had there fade turned all the way to the front. So if the above reasons are the whys...heres your sign.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13
Is there a button in your glove box that says, "trunk release ON/OFF"? Or did you try opening the trunk with the car on?

Don't take these as insults... I worked at a stereo shop and had people come in saying there back speakers don't work, because they had there fade turned all the way to the front. So if the above reasons are the whys...heres your sign.
On the SS there is a compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and the remote trunk release is in there..

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:00 AM

is there possibly a lock switch inside your trunk to prevent it from working? I know when i had my 99 grand am 2door it had a switch in trunk to prevent you to use the remote & button inside car
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewholf
On the SS there is a compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and the remote trunk release is in there..
I don't fallow? Remote trunk release?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:14 AM

On my keyless remote for the SS, you have to hold it down for about 1 second or so and it will pop open.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:52 AM

Quote:
The Balts trunk release is controlled by the BCM, so if BOTH the key fob AND the button on the dash DO NOT release the hatch, first check to see if the TRUNK RELEASE relay in the underhood fuseblock *clicks* when the button is pressed. While you're there you might as well check the 20A TRUNK/OUTLET fuse. Let us know what you find.
HTH
WopOnTour

Last edited by WopOnTour; 08-15-2005 at 01:29 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

wopontour.. im not too sure what your talking about.. there is no click when i push the trunk realise button on my keychain.. its just being stubborn!

-- there is no button in the glove box or trunk for trunk realise either..
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:13 PM

The trunk release button he's talking about is in the little compartment to the lower-left of the steering wheel(took me a few days to find it too )

Oldbenwa
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
wopontour.. im not too sure what your talking about.. there is no click when i push the trunk realise button on my keychain.. its just being stubborn!

-- there is no button in the glove box or trunk for trunk realise either..
Yea, it's hiding in what they call the driver's storage compartment (on the LH side of wheel). You'll have to remove the cover off the fuseblock under the hood and listen pretty closely as it's pretty quiet. You might even have to put your hands on the relay (use the label on the cover to find the riht one) to feel it *clicking* as repeatedly you press the button on your remote.
If you just dont want to mess with it, just take it into your dealer.
WopOnTour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode