Where did my mileage go? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Where did my mileage go?

Well, I have confirmed that my tripA/tripB do reset themselves. I have ruled out driver error, since it is at least the fifth time now that is is not exactly 0 when I switch through the menu. I think its pretty wierd, too bad its not the odometer too, lol. looks like its time to go back to the dealer, hopefully it just needs a pcm flash or something, not exactly sure what else would cause it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Ahh a feature not on the Redline. One I would have enjoy'd. My Busa has a A/B trip and both have a MPG setting as well. What is up with that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 05:33 PM

are you sure its not going over 1000. cause at 1000 it rolls over back to 0

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
are you sure its not going over 1000. cause at 1000 it rolls over back to 0
are you positve about that? That doesn't make sense to me. Whats the point of a digital trip if it won't go over 1k. My 2000 S10 even went over 1k on the trip. I could've sworn it went over 1k the first time I changed my oil. The plot thickens.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:39 AM

Mine rolls at 1000.

Oldbenwa
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:41 AM

mine also doesn't go over 1000... kinda disappointing, but... what are ya gonna do?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Damn, I was hoping mine was just screwed up. After it showed up as 0.0 multiple times just after changing "pages" without touching the reset button, I thought for sure there was a problem, no way that I could possibly check it at exactly 0 more than once. (not to mention I have just over 3k miles) Oh, well, now the trips are worthless to me. I only used them as a second reference as to how many miles were on my oil. It really is pretty dumb though imo, to go through all the effort to give us 2 digital trips, and only make them go up to 999.9. waste of effort if you ask me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsean
are you positve about that? That doesn't make sense to me. Whats the point of a digital trip if it won't go over 1k. My 2000 S10 even went over 1k on the trip. I could've sworn it went over 1k the first time I changed my oil. The plot thickens.
yea im positive it does it on trip a and b in both of my cobalts. i know i had a 2001 s10 also and it rolled over at 10000 so when i first saw the cobalt turn over at 1000 i was a little confused at first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode