Why is my nitrous not working??? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Question Why is my nitrous not working???

i recently just got the cobalt and man do i love it. ive had it for about a month now and ive had a few good kills. (honda s2000, 350z, eclipse gt) but i raced a srt-4 the other week and he pulled me about half a car. he sad he was stock but i knew better. not bad for my car being bone stock. well i decided that i needed cheap and easy hp so my buddy refered me to nitrous. ive never played with nitrous before but i figured what the hell ill give it a shot. i bought my kit off of ebay and got everything hooked up and the system looks really good. but when i drive down the road and i spray it nothing happens. i cant feel a power gain the rpms and staying at a steady rate (i.e. stock) but i know its spraying cause ive had to refill my bottle now about 3 times. anyone else ever have this problem. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 AM

hey dumby yopu have to be at full throttle for that stuff. Plus you are going to kil them pos interals. That car and the srt-4 are great weekend warriors. but I don't if they can hols to the constant abuse.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimptight25
hey dumby yopu have to be at full throttle for that stuff. Plus you are going to kil them pos interals. That car and the srt-4 are great weekend warriors. but I don't if they can hols to the constant abuse.
(sp) and im the dumby???

and btw i am at wide open throttle. like i said i dont know that much about nitrous but i do know what my car can handle and what it can't. anyone else besides this douche bag?

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:57 AM

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/nitrous-oxide.html

Buy the Book or search the Net. I am sure you can get info on this topic.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 AM

what size shot are you running

where did you install the nozzle/injector?

do you have pics of the install?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 AM

Exclamation first of all...

Quote:
First let me ask the thread starter what kit he is using, dry, wet, how it's plumbed etc, I have nitrous and I know it works on my SS so something is wrong with your kit or the installation...I personally run a Zex computer controlled progressive system with wide open throttle sensor and purge, and all the goodies, expensive but effective as hell, then to Mr Pimp, how you goiong to say POS internals? Do you have any idea what these internals can handle? This motor can handle a 75-shot regularly, and this is according to GM Performance Division, have you read the manual that came with your car telling you how to build this very motor to ridiculous capabilities, part numbers and all? Recommended is the NX wet shot system up to 75-shot on stock internals, I use the Zex because it has tuning capability and rich/lean safety features, so it won't blow if I wanted it to. The bottom end in the LSJ is hardcore as hell, read the specs...peace out
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:

POS internals? Are you serious?? Bwahahahahahahahhaha.....
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner
POS internals? Are you serious?? Bwahahahahahahahhaha.....
they made mine with twigs and bark.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownhair
ROLF..HAHAHAHAHAHA...

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownhair
I just had to change my tree sap as well... I was running about a qt. low. It makes the hamster that spins my crank unhappy when there's not enough tree sap in the crankcase...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode