Why do the revs not drop during shifting. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2005, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Why do the revs not drop during shifting.

A very annoying problem, they hang very high even after your foot is off the gas, and the clutch is in. Has it got anything to do with the throttle body's electronic drive by wire thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2005, 08:05 AM

welcome to drive by wire. no way around it that i have heard of yet. i hate it too
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

You'd think an electronic throttle control would be crisp and fast, not laggy and shitty.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube
You'd think an electronic throttle control would be crisp and fast, not laggy and shitty.
it would be, if it werent for those pesky emissions laws
Old 09-16-2005, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

So I assume it can be "fixed" with some ECU work?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:33 AM

Find someone who knows how to tear apart algorithims and make them friends with another chap who edits PCMs. You'd be in business.

You're best off looking in the Nissan camp because that's where I've seen the best throttle response by wire.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM

Does this problem have any thing to do with the SC? I am still new to Super chargers? I would think there would be somthing like a blow off valve to relieve the boost built up? I could be way out to lunch here just wondering
Old 09-19-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (SS) with a SS
Does this problem have any thing to do with the SC? I am still new to Super chargers? I would think there would be somthing like a blow off valve to relieve the boost built up? I could be way out to lunch here just wondering
Hi,

I'd actually have to say it's probably common between an SS/SC and and SS/NA... I test drove an SS/NA last Friday and found the high Idle to be the same as the SC...

I've test driven an Ion Redline though, and have expirenced no such problems...

Sean
Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (SS) with a SS

there is a bypass valve in the s/c that can relieve boost
Old 09-20-2005, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy
Hi,

I'd actually have to say it's probably common between an SS/SC and and SS/NA... I test drove an SS/NA last Friday and found the high Idle to be the same as the SC...

I've test driven an Ion Redline though, and have expirenced no such problems...

Sean
I have a RL and have this problem, now I have never driven an SS so I don't know how bad it is, but when I am just casually shifting gears (no forcing, just a nice pace) the rev's maybe drop 100rpm or so, they seem to hang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in