Hurricane in my interior.... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Hurricane in my interior....

Ever since I purchased my cobalt about 2 months ago, I have kept it in the garage every night. Last night was the first time it saw a night outside of the garage. It was also raining as well. I come out to my car and see that my passenger side carpet is soaking wet. The water was coming from under the dashboard. There was also water in my glovebox. I just called the dealer and I am bringing it in tomorrow morning.

Anybody else have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to DC52NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury
Ever since I purchased my cobalt about 2 months ago, I have kept it in the garage every night. Last night was the first time it saw a night outside of the garage. It was also raining as well. I come out to my car and see that my passenger side carpet is soaking wet. The water was coming from under the dashboard. There was also water in my glovebox. I just called the dealer and I am bringing it in tomorrow morning.

Anybody else have this happen?
ouch! how the hell did that happen? hopefully they'll replace your whole interior cuz it might leave a stinch in your car if they don't. good luck man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Oh they better at least replace the carpet on the floor because it does have an akward smell to it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

I was also thinking, do you think the dealer will provide me with a car to drive while they are working on my cobalt? Keep in mind that I am 19 years old.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I was also thinking, do you think the dealer will provide me with a car to drive while they are working on my cobalt? Keep in mind that I am 19 years old.
Probably not, aleast in my state some companys, you have to be 21 with a credit card to rent a car. Unless they get you a lot rental or croutesy car, then have fun my friend and don't do anything that i wouldn't, e brake j turns anyone? Minivan drifting?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 01:00 PM

The same thing happened to me. It turned out to be a seal on the firewall that was never installed. I insisted the dealership replace my carpet which they did. But first they tried to bullshit me that the carpet would be fine because the matting underneath is a new material. Don't fall for that bullshit. Make them replace the carpet. They will tell you they have to get it cleared from district or some line of shit, but stick to your guns and they will buckle. Also they should give you a loaner car because it will take at least a week or so to get the carpet in. I think i was without my car for two weeks or so.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Sorry not to update this post but the problem was fixed, or so I'm told. Water was coming in through the vents.They installed a water deflector.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Sorry not to update this post but the problem was fixed, or so I'm told. Water was coming in through the vents.They installed a water deflector.
You're definitely not the first one that's had this problem I've read about it before. I think other people typically found it when their A/C was on though and water began pouring in like a waterfall.

Hopefully it's all fixed up and you don't run into it again .

Permafried-

08 Cobalt SS/TC
Black w/ 20% Tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode