Problems Getting a cobalt! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Problems Getting a cobalt!

Hey guys, im a big fan of the Cobalt's and my 1996 Z26 beretta just isnt cutting it anymore so i was thinking about getting a cobalt, preferably the supercharged one cause i do like to go fast. But i was e-mailing a dealership back and forth and it turns out i cant get anything without a co-signer. i think its total bullcrap. im 19 years old and i have held the same job for 2 and a half years. I dont understand, if i cant get any kind of car loan what the hell am i sapposed to do? keeo buying used crap and hope i continue to be lucky with them?

If anyone has any advice please share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliex
Hey guys, im a big fan of the Cobalt's and my 1996 Z26 beretta just isnt cutting it anymore so i was thinking about getting a cobalt, preferably the supercharged one cause i do like to go fast. But i was e-mailing a dealership back and forth and it turns out i cant get anything without a co-signer. i think its total bullcrap. im 19 years old and i have held the same job for 2 and a half years. I dont understand, if i cant get any kind of car loan what the hell am i sapposed to do? keeo buying used crap and hope i continue to be lucky with them?

If anyone has any advice please share.
Build your credit. Cell phone, jewelery, work out equipment, etc. Buy stuff that you have to make payments on and make the payments on time. Or buy a really cheap used car from a dealership so you can make payments on it. Or skip all that and try to find a co-signer(anyone can co-sign for you).

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

yeah but co-signing isnt something that anyone wants to do.. i cant even get my father or grandfather to co-sign. I pay all of my other bills on time. but they are in my fathers name so wtf.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
yeah but co-signing isnt something that anyone wants to do.. i cant even get my father or grandfather to co-sign. I pay all of my other bills on time. but they are in my fathers name so wtf.
What bills?

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Save your money and try putting a nice down payment on the table. This might give you a better chance being a new car buyer. Or build your credit but that may take time!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Like my cell-phone bill which is in some family plan, i pay for the cable internet at my house but its under his name because of the television cable. Insurance as well is in his name, also i had to barrow some money from my dad to pay for my old 1996 Z26 because i wasent old enough (when i bought it) to get a loan. and i just finished paying my father off.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4ME
Save your money and try putting a nice down payment on the table. This might give you a better chance being a new car buyer. Or build your credit but that may take time!

I guess thats the best approach i can do. Ill try to pick up hours like crazy at work.. but i still go to school part time. all this work, money, no credit, school crap is driving me nuts. all i wanna do is drive away in a nice cobalt SS supercharged. that will be my goal
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Like my cell-phone bill which is in some family plan, i pay for the cable internet at my house but its under his name because of the television cable. Insurance as well is in his name, also i had to barrow some money from my dad to pay for my old 1996 Z26 because i wasent old enough (when i bought it) to get a loan. and i just finished paying my father off.
Thats what I figured...your dad boned you(figuretively). You built up his credit and if I were you I would make him co-sign for you. You should be a co-signer on the internet and cell phone, but I am guessing you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4ME
Thats a waste of money if his interest rate is going to be 8%, because of no credit.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Sucks i cant go anywhere because of this craphole called credit, cant build credit cause i dont have any credit, and if i apply for credit guess what! insufficient credit.

Guess ill have to wait until a rich family member dies or something (joking).

I dont know what to do.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Contributing User

I'm only 22 with like 0 credit history and I got approved on my LS. I ended up putting $11,000CAD down and my finance was put through and approved by the next day. The total for the car btw was $27,500 with taxes so I put nearly 50% down. Unless you can show them you're serious with a substantial downpayment they're not going to consider it which is unfortunate since this car is really attracting a lot of younger buyers .

Permafried-

08 Cobalt SS/TC
Black w/ 20% Tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode