Problems with Brakes Not Returning - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Problems with Brakes Not Returning

I've had my car For about 3 months and Lately I've noticed that When I brake my brake light stays on after i take my foot off the brake. I took it to the Dealer and they kept it for 2 days and they Gave me a Crappy 04 Malibu Classic. And when i got it back they told me that they couldnt duplicate the problem And since i got it back i've realized that when i brake the car acts like it doesnt want to stop and its scares me that first my brake light stays on and second im not stopping. Has anyone else had this problem if so can you Please Help me I dont wanna get into an accident even though that means i can get a New car but my insurance will go up and being 19 im already paying 600 a month for 2 cars My Mazda3 and my Cobalt 2.4 ss sedan lol i hate coupes.

Email- [email protected]
Aim- Anthonystewart69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:21 PM

i am sorry you got stuck with that car. you may think you bought an ss, but you really bought a family sedan with a cheater badge. good luck justifying that badge next time you pull up next to a civic with a turbo...or a yugo for that matter.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleckenwhat
i am sorry you got stuck with that car. you may think you bought an ss, but you really bought a family sedan with a cheater badge. good luck justifying that badge next time you pull up next to a civic with a turbo...or a yugo for that matter.
Wow, it's jackasses like you that make forums unbearable at times. You do realize that your "stock" coupe ONLY has 205 HP, right? That isn't exactly a rocket you got there bud. Most people would consider any car with an "SS" badge but no V8 a cheater. Ease off and don't rip on someone who is looking for help from fellow Cobalt fans.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:30 PM

ouch lol.

I really don't know what to tell you about the brake problem, though. I would say you've got a sticking switch which is keeping the light on, but that wouldn't explain the difficulty stopping. Need more info about the problem- is the brake pedal softer/stiffer than usual? Does it make any noises? Any kind of vibration or pulling?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleckenwhat
hey your pretty cool i was going to say that
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

When i brake It feels really weird... I have to slam on the brake just to stop Normal. And to bring the back back i have to put my foot behind the brake to bring it back.. Im really getting tired of this Tomorrow I wanna take it back but i work a Full time job so it limits the times i can take it back. Im wondering if the motor on the Brake is Actually going. And another thing when im on the highway and i have to stop rather quickly the car sways really bad and Once i almost hit someone cause i flew into the other lane
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

And the brake is alot softer than when i first got it.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 08:53 PM

if you brake pedal is going all the way down before it has an effect and you have to pull it back up then that would obviously make your brakes lights stay on. now for the more important part, it sounds like you have a problem with the brake booster. im sure its not the vacuum line hooked up to the brake booster cause you would here if it was leaking and you would idle really rough. it might be an internal problem in the booster. im not too sure what you mean by the motor on the brake
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 PM
iso
Contributing User

if they say they can't duplicate the problem again... i'd go for a ride with them in the car. there's no way they can deny it when you're sitting next to him/her.

and to fleckenwhat... you do realize how much we get made fun of by guys driving REAL SS's right? don't think you're something special because you're driving a sport compact just like half the other idiots on the road. it's people like you that i get shit for, just cuz i drive a cobalt ss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
iso
Contributing User

and that goes to anyone else with the same mentality ^^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode