Getting Recaros aftermarket? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Getting Recaros aftermarket?

Well, the dealership in my town got a Cobalt SS with the Recaros so i figured id go sit in them and see how they feel. Daaaaaamn love em (im use the my friends SRT-4 seats, they kinda hug to much). so i went to parts and service and asked if i could buy a pair of the Cobalt SS style Recaros... 1800 a piece.. 3200 for a pair of seats?? Does taht sound right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:29 PM

From the dealer, sure does. For the RL rims, the dealer wants $500 a piece, so $2000 for the set of 4 before tax. Dealer is ALWAYS going to be like twice the price of what the part is worth. Just the way it is.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:33 PM

Yeap and you might want to check out Sparco's you can special order different color inserts and overall color. And you can also get swead.(sp?)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Ghetto stuff, thanks guys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:42 PM

I peeped ebaymotors and got nothing. Still too new I suppose. You might be able to use the Recaros from the EVO, or from the civic Si hatch, or something. Basically anything can be made to work. Especially with the manual for and aft. I do love the SS Recaros. Perhaps buy 1? lol. Do the "ghetto thug" street racer style and get the drivers side racing seat...then the rest are stock. If you have the stock blac kcloth interior it might look ok...but if you have the SC...then you don't. lol. Who knows. I'd just wait until you can find a pair on ebay. You could probaby walk off with both, brand new for the price of 1 from the dealership.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:47 PM

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applica...2.0.aspx?cat=4
650 a piece before shipping with your choice of colours. Just thought I'd link this for you guys.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroState
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applica...2.0.aspx?cat=4
650 a piece before shipping with your choice of colours. Just thought I'd link this for you guys.
Silly canada man, there is no U in "colors".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode