anyone familiar with obd2 readers? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

anyone familiar with obd2 readers?

this morning my cel came on. i have installed a k&n cai...about 1500 miles ago without ANY problems. my first reaction was to think maybe there was oil on the maf sensor, so i took the car to auto zone to pull the code. it came up as 171, system too lean bank 1, and the guy somehow x-ref'd with 02 sensor. so i called up my dealership to ask if there was any way maf could cause this, and all they told me was "i cant answer that for you"
so...i took my cai out to check the maf sensor, it was clean as a whistle...no oil, and i am using the right screws that were supplied with the kit.
after reconnecting my battery, the cel went off, so i bought a obd2 rdr to see if it was still lingering. i'm not getting any codes, but off, on, or driving i am consistently getting the yellow light with flashing c, hc, o, and ev...it's like they wont finish testing. is there anyone with real experience that can help? i don't want to take the car in to the dealer yet bc they might tell me my intake caused it. i'd rather know whats going on first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM

If yours is like the RL, I believe we have a hybrid system of OBD2 and CAN. There are readers out there that read both, which is why you might not be able to read certain codes.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributing User

I've got a scanguage (www.scanguage.com). It had no problems reading and clearing my P0172 (rich) code. I cleared it on advice from the dealer - of course it came back the next day. And now I'm driving a 4 door auto waiting on a part to come in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode