Cobalts SS banner

Ratling/Creeking Glove Box

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KillahKermitt 
#1 ·
My glove box CONSISTANTLY Ratles and Creeks like there are screws loose or there is some plastic rubbing other plastic. It is getting VERY ANNOYING! Ive brought the car to the dealer once for it already and they said that they had to do some "vigourus" adjustments to the glove box... Still makes the damn noise if not worse! Im wondering if anyone else is having or have had this problem and if so ANY suggestions on how to fix it would GREATLY be appreciated!

#2 ·
I have the same problem just not the glove box. My passenger side door panel does the same thing! No matter if the radio is no or off. I took mine to the dealership and they said that if they took the door panel off to try and fix it that it would just make it worse. So i am thinking about having that door dyno matted. But for you, i would just check all of the screws to see if you can find a loose one.

#4 ·
Same here in the base model. My glove compartment squeeks but only sometimes. and I can only hear it when I'm driving w/ the radio low, but I like to hear my music so the glove box is a non-factor. But the rear interior panel behind the rear seats vibrates like I got a 12 inch sub in the trunk. That bothers the hell out of me but I can fix that. Just gotta get off my lazy a$$ and do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.