My radio got issues - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

My radio got issues

Has anyone had trouble w/ their cd players? I just got the regular one but every once and a while it'll say error and will only play the radio. Then I can't get my cd out. I read in the owners manual that it would have the tendency to malfunction in the heat, but at night time here in Houston its bouncing back and forth from 65 to 40 degrees. And even in the day time it mostly only reaches about 75! I was just gonna get a after market h/u but I don't know if the same thing will happen. It happens about once a month and is more a annoyance than anything else. But does anyone know if its a defect w/ just the radio, or is it something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Doc
Contributing User

I haven't even played a CD yet..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud DSLSJA Member
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Contributing User

I havent had any problems with mine and its almost always warmer than 75. Only thing that annoys me about mine is it takes awhile to start playing the cd once I put it in.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 08:14 PM

cd issues

beleive it or not, there may be a re-program available for your radio. but you will have to go to your dealer to find out. we have the exact same complaints from customers about their radios in their new truck "cd won't play/error display/can't eject cd" at first we were replacing the radios/cd players but then gm came out with a re-program and it actually works. don't know for sure if there is a re-program for the cobalt radio, but your dealer will be able to know by checking. anyways, just thought i'd let you know.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 PM

before you go to the dealer, check your CD..cause I know with mine if the CD is scratched too much it wont play it. But the CD will play in other players
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

No. The cd isn't scratched. It will play in the cd player but if I turn off the ignition for any amount of time it will do that and then it will just spit the cd out on its own. I think I'm going to ask the dealer about the re-programer. Thanx.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Butch Sosa
Yeah my step dad had the same problem with his truck. Whenever it happend we just pull the Fuse out and put it back in. But thats just a quick fix.

2009 Turbo Cobalt SS
traded in 2005 SS/SC

Dragracing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This car looks fast even standing still!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode