My car is being BAD!!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Angry My car is being BAD!!!!

All right, I have the PSI-FI kit on my car, which is not the problem, but my check engine light is always on (the IAT sensor). Well, I went on a road trip, about 700 miles round trip, and when I was in VA my car first, when I turned the key, just died. Then, I turned the key again, and it died AGAIN. So, the next time I turned it on, I gave it some gas and the tach showed the revs where fluttering. I drove it a little ways and it drove fine. The next morning I go somewhere, it started up fine when I turned it on the first time, then when I started it up, it was reving at 3000-3500 rpms. So I shut it off and tried again. It did the same thing. So, I drove it again and it was fine. So, I come back off of my trip in GA, and I turn it on this morning. Well, first it just reved high, so I drove it anyways to Wal-Mart. When I put my groceries in my trunk and went to start it... of course, It wouldn't!!! I tried four times to let it start without giving it gas... but it'd wouldn't stay on until i gave it gas. Now, I am waiting on my friend to bring the ODB-2 reader to my apartment so I can see if maybe that check engine light, which I assumed was from the kit, is not what I thought it was.

Has anyone else had this problem?
It will turn on, but then just die, or if it turns on it is reving ridiculously.

I guess if it continues, I'll take the kit off and take it to the stealership and see what they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Sorry bout all these probs. I haven't heard of anyone yet, with the kit or without it, having a similar issue. Good luck finding the problem and taking care of it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 11:50 AM

My check engine just came on and im getting it checked out as we speak. Mine is running fine other than just the light coming on.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

i don't know what the problem was, but now that I am back in georgia the check engine light turned off and the car is starting fine now??? i really hope once i get that update for the kit it won't do that again... i seriously sucks to wonder if your car is going to work or not, especially when it's not paid off.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 AM

I had two different CEL's... one i took into the dealer and they said it was fine (ground off that stud near the intake while they were at it)

second one turned off by itself
took it into the dealership and they said absoltely nothing was wrong... said maybe an O2 sensor? wtf... sensors shouldn't be failing ona NEW car...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
i don't know what the problem was, but now that I am back in georgia the check engine light turned off and the car is starting fine now??? i really hope once i get that update for the kit it won't do that again... i seriously sucks to wonder if your car is going to work or not, especially when it's not paid off.
O yeah. Nothing clicked in my head till you said you were back in Georgia, and I though 'gee, it's probably not so cold where she is now'. There was that problem with cold starts and a fix that PSI-Fi came out with for it. It just includes two more wires I beleive and it's done. Give them a call and explain what happened, where, and how cold it was when it happened. That could be your problem right there.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 09:57 AM

I just purchased an 06 and I have noticed the RPM's fluctuating from time to time when I push the clutch in, but it still starts every time and no check engine light yet...Only have 1700 miles so hopefully it wont become a problem.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
All right, I have the PSI-FI kit on my car, which is not the problem, but my check engine light is always on (the IAT sensor). Well, I went on a road trip, about 700 miles round trip, and when I was in VA my car first, when I turned the key, just died. Then, I turned the key again, and it died AGAIN. So, the next time I turned it on, I gave it some gas and the tach showed the revs where fluttering. I drove it a little ways and it drove fine. The next morning I go somewhere, it started up fine when I turned it on the first time, then when I started it up, it was reving at 3000-3500 rpms. So I shut it off and tried again. It did the same thing. So, I drove it again and it was fine. So, I come back off of my trip in GA, and I turn it on this morning. Well, first it just reved high, so I drove it anyways to Wal-Mart. When I put my groceries in my trunk and went to start it... of course, It wouldn't!!! I tried four times to let it start without giving it gas... but it'd wouldn't stay on until i gave it gas. Now, I am waiting on my friend to bring the ODB-2 reader to my apartment so I can see if maybe that check engine light, which I assumed was from the kit, is not what I thought it was.

Has anyone else had this problem?
It will turn on, but then just die, or if it turns on it is reving ridiculously.

I guess if it continues, I'll take the kit off and take it to the stealership and see what they say.

Hey i have one ? that is kind of off topic. But im lookin at that same hood and im wondering, is the hoodscoop really open or is it jus for show and closed? Thanks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 12:04 PM

i also have a 06 just go it have 2500 miles but when i rev it up high and speed up and when i come to a stop my rpm goes up and down like if the cars gona turn off and then it goes back up its some freaky shitt
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk On Blk SS
i also have a 06 just go it have 2500 miles but when i rev it up high and speed up and when i come to a stop my rpm goes up and down like if the cars gona turn off and then it goes back up its some freaky shitt

exact same thing happens to me, ....i dont know why tho,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode