G85 not avaliable? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

G85 not avaliable?

Stopped by a dealer today to get a quote for a SS S/C with the perf. option. The guy's computer said that the G85 option was no longer avaliable. He clicked on it, and it said something like "not with this configuration" I think. I'm thinking that he choose a color for the seat inserts, then tried adding the recaros, and the computer said that the Recaros couldn't have the colored inserts, so that option is not avaliable. Is the perf. option cut off, or is the saleman retarded? I'm leaning towards the latter. He did say that SS S/C's were avaliable with automatics after all...

Fast - 1991 Syclone #1616: sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project - 1992 Typhoon #0014: in the works
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugly - 1986 Omni GLH-T2: 202 HP, 243 TQ, 14.150 @ 98.74 MPH

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Cool

I have a 06 cobalt ss s/c and the option was available for an other 1500( recaros only come in all black int.) and as far as auto. on the ss s/c he is full of shit the only one that comes auto. is the non s/c version with the 2.4 L
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:46 PM

...it's pretty much stated everywhere that the S/C Cobalt does not come in auto...that salesman really should know the cars he's SELLING better then someone who doesn't even own one...salesmen shouldn't be saying "I don't know" when asked a question without going to findout the answer, if the Chev dealer doesn't know the answer to a question about a Chev car...then who the hell does?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM

Assuming that guy is full of it, how much would it be to add the G85 package on to the 05 SS s/c? Or would it be 'better' to go out of factory for any of the additions?

Last edited by ajent; 12-06-2005 at 03:22 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Yes, we all know that there are now SS S/C's (unless someone did a custom already). I'm wondering if the perf. package is still avaliable?

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16sy16
Yes, we all know that there are now SS S/C's (unless someone did a custom already). I'm wondering if the perf. package is still avaliable?
it is still avaliable he just didnt know what he was doing. you have to choose all black seats to see that option
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:39 PM

i ordered my 06' cobalt ss/sc 4 weeks ago from the factory through my dealership(i work in the shop). a few days ago my sales manager came and told me that there was a minor hold on the car because "aparrently" they are short on recaro seats and recaro needs to make more before my car can be finished. it added another two weeks on my expected delivery date, but it shows that the option is still available. i also don't think you can get colored inserts. one of the reasons i bought the package is because i do not really like the colored inserts. anyways, it sounds like the salesman is a little lacking with his knowledge.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent
Assuming that guy is full of it, how much would it be to add the G85 package on to the 05 SS s/c? Or would it be 'better' to go out of factory for any of the additions?
for kicks I enquired for the LSD for just the part. GM performance (the dealership I was working with) said it was $4500 CDN. Is that nuts or what! that is not an installed price folks. I told him he was full of it. I have been emailed by an aftermarket provider who can get a LSD for $685 US. When I do the clutch I plan on doing gears (larger ring gear) and LSD at the same time.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnipes
for kicks I enquired for the LSD for just the part. GM performance (the dealership I was working with) said it was $4500 CDN.
Cool thanks bud. And yeah, that's rediculous, be sure to let me/us know how that LSD turns out, i dont have any of the performance things that are out right now, I want to get a dyno stock, then I guess get a cai and 2.8 pulley, and try again, maybe stop by the track before/after those too.

I just dont want to make the car look bad @ the track..
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I though so, thanks for the input guys!

Wifey's - 2006 SS S/C:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode