watch out for your warranty!!!!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

watch out for your warranty!!!!!!!!

today i went to take my car in for warranty work. i read off about 6 different complaints from catalytic converter to clutch not disengaging to my kia key starting the car. turns out gm had put a "warranty freeze" on my vin...didnt give any reason. then my retarded service advisor tries telling me that the clutch problem would be a $100 diagnostic for tear-down to see if it is covered. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!! i like the car alot, but i can honestly say this is the last time i will ever buy a general motors product. some of you may or may not remember my previous post where gm had to give me $$$ and double my warranty to keep me in the car bc of all the problems i had previously.

if i have any more problems with warranty coverage i will not rest until every front page of every newspaper exposes gm's bogus behavior. i understand they are trying to cut costs...but that is why the car is crap to begin with!!!!

go toyota!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributing User

Thats, umm, very intersting. Have you done any mods to your car?
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM

Hmmmm.... not saying it is the right thing for them to do but it sounds to me like they think you beat on your car too much so they froze the warranty.

Good Luck !

Peace

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

no, i DO NOT beat on my car at all. now these buttfuckers are telling me there is nothing wrong with my car. they say they cannot hear the loud clunking noise from the wheels, and that it is normal for a catalytic converter to let off a heavy rotten egg smell after acceleration. and im not going to pay them $100 to find out why my clutch sometimes doesnt disengage. fuck those whores!!!! i want my car fixed now, damn it!!! im gonna call an attorney!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 12:00 AM

You never answered the main question. Do you have any mods?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

no, no mods. just blacked out headlights and rally stripes.... funny thing though, they did give me a dirty look when they saw the headlights
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

ok, im a little more calm now, so sorry for the poddy mouth. i am very sorry to say this will be my last gm car. i might be stuck with it for a while, but as soon as i no longer have negative equity in it, i will probably set it on fire in front of the dealership.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 09:50 AM

Sounds like your dealership is one of those that give the rest a bad name. Sorry to hear about your problems man.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

unfortunately its not just them, its gm. gm is the one that put a warranty freeze on my vin. i'm sure the dealership was probably told to do this to me. i think this is payback for the settlement they had to give me.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 12:43 PM

I would try contacting GM about this, surely they can't just freeze up a warranty with no reasoning behind it...sorry to hear about your problems, GM is getting pretty desperate lately, and it's starting to show ...they shouldn't have based their whole value on trucks/suv's...

good luck with getting everything worked out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode