Cobalts SS banner

Power Steering Problem On Dic!!

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Needparts 
#1 ·
When i got out of work today I started my car up. And sat for like 15 mins. When i got back it was warmed up. So i started driving home. I went on a run to the store. When i got back i started the car up and on the DIC i saw a message saying POWER STEERING. So im like WTF. so i turn the car off thinking that maybe it just failed this once. well i took the key out of the ignition and the car did not go off at all. it stayed on for about 45 secs. I was really confused. Has anyone else had this Problem..

Silver cobalt 2.4 SS sedan

#3 ·
i know what your problem is... common with the car.. go in and tell them your cars BCM is starting to act up.. it will start with small problems at first like your describing and then it will move to the interior lights not working or the gauge cluster shutting off or no ABS... go in and tell the dealership about it... they can help ya out

#4 ·
I work at a chevy dealership and the cobalts have the new electric assisted steering rather than the pump. Every since GM introduced them we've had nothing but problems with them. They first had them on the new Malibu's. It was so bad that if you tapped the steering wheel it would turn itself all the way to one side with out touching it. I've done about 50-60 recalls on them.

#6 ·
bluecobaltss06 said:
I work at a chevy dealership and the cobalts have the new electric assisted steering rather than the pump. Every since GM introduced them we've had nothing but problems with them. They first had them on the new Malibu's. It was so bad that if you tapped the steering wheel it would turn itself all the way to one side with out touching it. I've done about 50-60 recalls on them.
The malibu steering was made by adifferent company than the NEw cars. Delphi makes the systems for the cobalts, and they are are pretty well bug free, except for the odd one you may come across.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.