Driver's Side Door Issues - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Angry Driver's Side Door Issues

So... here is my fun story. I purchased my 06 SS Supercharged and have been enjoying it until my driver's side door started to rub and make this creeking sound when opening the door. Being concerned I took it to the dealer and showed them and they ordered the parts to fix it. Finally on 1/18/06, the parts come in and i take it to get my cobalt fixed. Well...... I get in my car, no creeking and I'm thinking "great they fixed it". I'm driving around for a bit and after going to get some food with a friend I open my door to get out and "Creek"... they didn't get it fixed. Also no the back light on my lock/unlock button on my driver's side and the left/right mirror selector button back light isn't working. I can still adjust the mirrors. But I can't lock or unlock my car from the driver's side door.. so now I'm officially pissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:11 AM

lol.. well they forgot to plug back in the buttons for it.. just pop the pecie off and plug it in... takes 10 sec.... plus the back light is prolly powerd by a wire in th lock button clip which is why it's not lighting up.. i'm not sure exactly what peice they replaced but it was prolly a check link if they need to order it or take off the inner door peice.. what peice did they replace exactly
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 01:32 PM

The noise is probably the lower part of the door rubbing on the fender. It will get worse when the outside temp is lower. My 2006 SS SC does this when the temp drops below 20-f and my wifes 2006 SS 2.4 did this all the time until it was took in and fixed by the dealer.

Last edited by asstyme; 01-20-2006 at 01:36 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzap30
So... here is my fun story. I purchased my 06 SS Supercharged and have been enjoying it until my driver's side door started to rub and make this creeking sound when opening the door. Being concerned I took it to the dealer and showed them and they ordered the parts to fix it. Finally on 1/18/06, the parts come in and i take it to get my cobalt fixed. Well...... I get in my car, no creeking and I'm thinking "great they fixed it". I'm driving around for a bit and after going to get some food with a friend I open my door to get out and "Creek"... they didn't get it fixed. Also no the back light on my lock/unlock button on my driver's side and the left/right mirror selector button back light isn't working. I can still adjust the mirrors. But I can't lock or unlock my car from the driver's side door.. so now I'm officially pissed.
Been there my friend. We all know new cars will have their problems, rather it be a Chevy or Dodge or Lexus or whatever. The problem I have seen is not so much the car, but the people they pay to work on them. I can't remember how many small problems I have had with some of my cars that took the dealers many (& in a few cases many MANY) trips to get it fixed. It seems like they train people how to use computers & read codes, but when it comes to mechanicals & logic & common sense, they don't seem to have it. Example: I once had a 95 Protege LX. I wasted 2 weeks of my vacation getting this car fixxed over the course of a year. Among MANY other issues - a couple very major - the power window, when I would roll it up, it would fall down about ". So when I took it to the dealer to have it fixed, THEY GREASED THE TOP OF THE WINDOW FRAME. All this did was help it fall down faster & in the summer, the grease ran down the inside of the window & made it so I couldn't see out. Now common sense would (or should) tell anyone that if you want to keep something from falling down, YOU DON'T GREASE IT! To fix the dash rattle against my windshield, they installed black rubber bumpers that from left to right increased in size. All this did was give my dash an elongated "C" shape (& the rattle was still there). I didn't even make it out of the lot before I turned around & took it back.
So to sum up my thought: I am not sure that it is the car(s) that are bad but SOME of the people that work on them &/or their training.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I need to make an appointment with the body shop for them to fix the door. I does get worse as the temp drops... it was down to like 6 degrees here one day and it was just driving me nuts on the door. So I'm def gonna get it taken car of this next week or two weeks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode