Torque Brace Proplems - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Torque Brace Proplems

Well, i installed my TQ Brace lastnight. Today i got out and was driving around, and noticed that when i turn left, some part of the brace/bracket is rubbing something. What is causing this? Is is a bad brace and need to send it back? Is there anything i can do? And will this hurt anything??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

No one knows anyhting?
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Contributing User

The bracket is causing it, the mounting holes are drilled wrong. I'd take it off and contact the company you bought the brace from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:03 AM

Who did you get it from?

If it was from Cynic and if your Cobalt is a 06.
Here--> https://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showt...6921#post46921

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 08:42 AM

You may need to grind your bracket. I had to grind mine slightly. I opened the eyelit where the bracket goes over the threads of the lower mount. I also grinded the end of it to make it shorter near where the newly grinded thread goes. You must make sure that the lower bracket fits flush in where the bottom mount is. Also make sure your brace is not touching anything. I have about a 1 16th space. Very minimal I might add but it is there between the brace and the motor mount. Take it off immediately and do the above and you will be fine.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltGuy
Well, i installed my TQ Brace lastnight. Today i got out and was driving around, and noticed that when i turn left, some part of the brace/bracket is rubbing something. What is causing this? Is is a bad brace and need to send it back? Is there anything i can do? And will this hurt anything??
What year is your car ? Which brace are you using ?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

It is on 05, and i got it from cynic when he had that group buy.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

ok i got a picture of what i did........its not my car, but it is the ion picture from your website. im not sure how to post the picture........can anyone help me out.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltGuy
ok i got a picture of what i did........its not my car, but it is the ion picture from your website. im not sure how to post the picture........can anyone help me out.

1stBlu...please get me pictues and measurements so I can see what you did so I can make the changes. The changes will be made at no cost to you guys whatsoever. I need photos of 05 and 06 cobalts to determine if your mounts are just different than the redline or if it was a model year change.

I can't do anything without your guys' help. And I'm sure you'd rather have the issue fixed than have a good looking paperweight.

Ben

Last edited by Cynic; 01-22-2006 at 05:02 PM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 05:50 PM

The hole needs to be drilled out a little bit. Now as for a measurement for that I dont have one but you can make the hole as big as you want as long as you still have good integrity. You dont want that hole to be so big that it almost has no wall. The length of the bottom brace needs to be grinded down an 1/8 in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode