last dealer visit - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

last dealer visit

So the other day I call the dealer(Bill ***** Chevrolet in south florida) I bought my car from and told them that the leather is peelin away from my cobalt door panel and it has been replaced by them before so the guy tells me to bring it in so that they can look at it. I bring it in the next day as it was to late the day before and the guy that comes out to write up my car says it will be at least an hour before the tech can look at it. Asked him to look up what they did before and he said the tech has to look at it so they know what to order. Said u just have to order the same part as before. So I finally said I'll just bring it back tomorrow and leave it because my car needs detailed anyways. Third day pull in and a guy comes out from the same room as the guy from yesterday and looks at my door and says u need a new piece of leather. Total time there 2 mins and I still have to bring it back to get fixed when the part comes in. Also my brother had to bring has truck in to get 3 plastic caps (from the same wheel) that go over the lug nuts on his colorado extreme that fell off then they tried to charge him for them when his wheels have never been off of his truck. I would of bought the plastic caps for him when I was there but they told me that they cost $6 each unless he brought the truck in. Next time I need to bring my car in i"ll bring it to another chevrolet dealer that is 2 miles from my house verses 13 miles for this dealer.

Note that all of the employees have always been nice but I just cant take the hassel of gettng such simple things fixed.

Last edited by stonny9; 02-03-2006 at 10:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9
So the other day I call the dealer(Bill ***** Chevrolet in south florida) I bought my car from and told them that the leather is peelin away from my cobalt door panel and it has been replaced by them before so the guy tells me to bring it in so that they can look at it. I bring it in the next day as it was to late the day before and the guy that comes out to write up my car says it will be at least an hour before the tech can look at it. Asked him to look up what they did before and he said the tech has to look at it so they know what to order. Said u just have to order the same part as before. So I finally said I'll just bring it back tomorrow and leave it because my car needs detailed anyways. Third day pull in and a guy comes out from the same room as the guy from yesterday and looks at my door and says u need a new piece of leather. Total time there 2 mins and I still have to bring it back to get fixed when the part comes in. Also my brother had to bring has truck in to get 3 plastic caps (from the same wheel) that go over the lug nuts on his colorado extreme that fell off then they tried to charge him for them when his wheels have never been off of his truck. I would of bought the plastic caps for him when I was there but they told me that they cost $6 each unless he brought the truck in. Next time I need to bring my car in i"ll bring it to another chevrolet dealer that is 2 miles from my house verses 13 miles for this dealer.

Note that all of the employees have always been nice but I just cant take the hassel of gettng such simple things fixed.
The door and technician to look at it was pretty silly... just look at it.

the plastic lug covers... man I think you guys should have paid for them in my opinion. If they fell off and nobody touched the we especially the dealer lol if a hub cap falls off no dealer is going to pay for that. not to slight you or your brother but come on buyer beware. check your lug caps.

I had a customer come into my shop for a tire repair. a week later she had the van towed. broken studs and floppy wheel. Fix it she said so we did. heres your bill. she couldnt believe I was going to charge her. She told me her story of driving hearing a clunking. she didnt stop driving untill someone stopped her in the parking lot. she expected that I would pay for her tow too. LOL you go a week and didnt come back for us to check your lugs like it says on the bill. it came loose. that can happen that is why you come back to get it checked within 200K. she put on over a 1000.

you may be a little hard on your dealer. maybe I dont know the whole story.

Hopefully you wont be upset by this. just my opinion looking at it through different eyes.

Last edited by ssnipes; 02-03-2006 at 06:10 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM

I agree....it's not the dealer's fault if the caps fall of after daily driving...suck it up and apend the $18 for the caps or do what I would do.....NOTHING!!! It's only 3 little caps...i'm pretty sure no one's going to say "Nice truck. Except for those missing caps..."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 08:46 AM

HAHA..funny you talk about that dealer, because the owner is an active member of this site (nice guy too). Anyway, about your caps I agree with the two gentlemen above. As for the door panel, most dealers aren't going to stock parts like that on site. So you were going to have to bring it back anyway.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

i knew they werent goin to have the panel in stock and that i would have to bring it back but they couldnt take literaly 2 mins max and have the tech look at it so I would have to wait 1+hr or come back the next day when I would be able to leave it, then have to bring it back again to have it installed. Lets not forget I have already had the same door panel leather replaced when I bought the car and it did it again a week after it was fixed but I waited a few months hoping gm would have better fitting leather. Why should my brother have to pay for the plactic caps(black) that fell off of the lug nuts(silverish) when they were loose from the factory and why did he have to bring his truck in so they could "write it up" then try to charge him for them. Also non of the employees took my car for a spin as I checked the mileage before and after because of the horror stories of other dealers. I am not bashing this dealer and would recommend them to anyone else looking to buy and would even buy another vehicle from them but as put in the first post "I just cant take the hassel of gettng such simple things fixed"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:01 AM

I know that dealer I ship their parts for the dealer up here is it in sanford? sorry for jacking.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9
i knew they werent goin to have the panel in stock and that i would have to bring it back but they couldnt take literaly 2 mins max and have the tech look at it so I would have to wait 1+hr or come back the next day when I would be able to leave it, then have to bring it back again to have it installed. Lets not forget I have already had the same door panel leather replaced when I bought the car and it did it again a week after it was fixed but I waited a few months hoping gm would have better fitting leather. Why should my brother have to pay for the plactic caps(black) that fell off of the lug nuts(silverish) when they were loose from the factory and why did he have to bring his truck in so they could "write it up" then try to charge him for them. Also non of the employees took my car for a spin as I checked the mileage before and after because of the horror stories of other dealers. I am not bashing this dealer and would recommend them to anyone else looking to buy and would even buy another vehicle from them but as put in the first post "I just cant take the hassel of gettng such simple things fixed"
Dealers are a 'sensitive' bunch. Some are more strict & do things by the book with little or no exceptions, others are more 'relaxed'. Consumers need to pay attention to their purchases. If there is a noise that's persistant, or a problem, call the dealer immediately so they know about it & set up an appointment. I know it sucks to have to drop the car off to have something 'little' looked at but there are other people there too that need to be serviced. With you wheel caps - I would have discussed it with the dealer over the phone first (not sure if you did that or not). How many miles were on it when they came off? If it was like 100 - they probably could have just gave them to you. But if it was like 2000 or so, I could understand their point of view. Also, didn't you say they were like $6 each? That may not seem like a lot to you, but add that up over time. Say 100 people each miss 3 caps over a month's time. $6 X 3 X 100 = $1800
Not crackin' on ya or anything though.
You think you have it bad - I have a dealer near me that is owned by the same guy - one is a Chevy, one a Dodge. The Chevy service dept is open on weekend but the Dodge! I can't even get in to do a simple oil change on the weekend there. And if I do it on the weekday, I have to drop it off AND THEN they don't shuttle to were I work downtown. So it could be worse
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ItalianJoe1
Stonny, what car did you buy? I know a cobalt, but who did you get it from? What model? I work there, i will help you if you need anything in the future, with parts or anything.

We need more boost!

K&N CAI, GMPP exhaust w/XTC 3" d-pipe,
Ported stock exhaust manifold, B&M Shifter
Stage 2 w/2.8, DC Sport sturt brace,
Torque brace, CAB's, poly Trans mounts,
225/40/18 BFG KDW2 tires
GM drilled rotors w/Hawk Pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode