Slipping Clutch? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Slipping Clutch?

Hello, i've been reading this forum and have read alot about slipping clutches. Now, my parents have no idea about clutches and really, nither do i. I undersatnd how it works, and where it's at but i still have this question.

Several times this week, i placed my car into first gear, slowly let off the clutch, and applied the gas....nothing but revving engine. So i place the tranny back in Neutral, and back in first. No problems.

Was that the tranny slipping? or was i not fully engaged in first?

Thanks, Andy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:39 PM

Sounds like it just wasnt fully engaged, If it was slipping it would be accelerating but not as quickly as it should. Mine does it every once in a while going into second.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

So if it's slipping, you will move, almost like your tires spinning, but they arn't?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:55 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbles
So if it's slipping, you will move, almost like your tires spinning, but they arn't?
Exactly

(ten characters)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 06:56 PM

bad clutches

Man my clutch went out completey at 4k miles. it wont even go in gear at all. i tried to have it fixed at a dealership but they harassed me that i abused my vehicle and sent a complaint to GM so now no one will fix it. They do not keep the parts on hand, they are made to order. it costs 1300 to fix the clutch when it goes. i dont care how bad you are on a clutch, they dotn go out at 4k. also another dealership told me the motor is too strong for the clutch and they see this car all the time. GM is a POS, they are going to be out of business soon. everyone needs to get together that bought one of these cars and vocie our opinions. contact me at [email protected], if you feel the same way i do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode