SS/SC clutch problems - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

SS/SC clutch problems

Ok my car has 4k miles on it and my clutch went out completely. i took it to the dealership where i bought it and i was harassed that i abused my vehicle. I have owned this car for one year and it has 4k miles on it. it stays in a garage and i do not drive it. I took it to another dealership that was going to fix it but the first dealership filed a complaint to Gm that i abused it and now they wont let anyone fix it. the second dealership says that this is a common problem and that the motor is too strong for the clutch. it costs 1300 to fix it, and the parts are made to order. i cant believe i bougth this POS. Gm is going down the tubes. IF anyone else is mad abotu their clutch, contact me at [email protected]. i dont think its right we spend 20-24k on our cars and at 4k miles we gotta spend 1300 again to fix a GM known problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:28 AM

have you abused it at all?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
have you abused it at all?
Okay I can tell you are skeptical of what he is talking about and you have made up you mind that he has done something wrong to cause the problem.

First what would classify as abuse?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 AM

My clutch is starting to slip and I've had it for just about a year and only 14,000 miles .
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Talking

yea i had one i had test drove and it was slipping during the test drive. stupid car guy was like o thats normal. i wish i had one of thoes bs flags with me.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 AM

I have no clutch issues and my mod list is below. Not all of these cars were created as equals however. My opinion is that the clutches on these cars are just fine. A lot of people are driving around slipping the clutches and in turn ruining them. With that said there are factory defects in everything produced so take what I say with a grain of salt. I also will not be replacing my clutch when I get the stgd kits. To me if there werent strong enough then GM would not release the kits.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

back up

1stblu to back up what i said, general motors called me today, and i talked to them about the clutches, and their customer service guy told me that they are weak clutches and there will be problems. look i dont abuse my car, and its great that yours is in good shape, dude i'd give anything to have my car running like yours, but now i just have a bad taste in my mouth now. 4k miles, i dont care how bad you are on clutch they dont go out that fast. trust me i work on cars and that isnt right, but i get what your saying and i will take it into consideration. its just crazy that my clutch costs $1300 and no one makes a high performance clutch.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Well that definately sucks major ass...... What about the spec stg 2 clutch ? $1300 must be counting install.....
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM

Quit resting your foot on the clutch..
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube
Quit resting your foot on the clutch..
a bad habit of mine.. but miines holding up strong just passed 10k miles yesterday w00t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode