cels with Injen intake - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

cels with Injen intake

i just got back from the dealership and they scanned my car for the cel and they got:
P0068-THROTTLE BODY AIR FLOW PERFORMANCE
P1182.1183 SUPERCHARGER INLET PRESSURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE
P0101 MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR PERFORMANCE

they said this is all from my injen intake. i thought Injen used MR technology to not get a cel??
i dont get why i am getting one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:04 PM

Your car is the only car I've ever heard of having theses codes with the Injen. Who installed it?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 PM

This is the only Injen issue that I've seen. Check the MAF and makesure its upright. Also, if you someone dropped it or hit it hard enough it could of been damaged.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaSS
This is the only Injen issue that I've seen. Check the MAF and makesure its upright. Also, if you someone dropped it or hit it hard enough it could of been damaged.
i installed it myslef but i will see if the MAF is in its right place and sitting like its suppose to be.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Doc
Contributing User

definately an oddball there....I've got almost 5500 miles on my injen without a CEL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud DSLSJA Member
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 08:40 PM

Unhappy

Mine just got a CEL today as well after a few hundred miles with it on... Haven't taken it to the dealer to get any of the codes because I don't want tem to charge me because of it being the intake ad screwing with my warranty... Did they charge you for the diagnosis with your intake being the cause (allegedly)

HELP!??! What can I do? I don't want to have to take it off and go back to the stock crap to avoid getting the cel. Anyway to reset the ecu to get the code to go away and see if it spits it again or if it was a fluke thing?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticabri
Mine just got a CEL today as well after a few hundred miles with it on... Haven't taken it to the dealer to get any of the codes because I don't want tem to charge me because of it being the intake ad screwing with my warranty... Did they charge you for the diagnosis with your intake being the cause (allegedly)

HELP!??! What can I do? I don't want to have to take it off and go back to the stock crap to avoid getting the cel. Anyway to reset the ecu to get the code to go away and see if it spits it again or if it was a fluke thing?
my dealership charged me 85$ for 1.5 hours to scan my car.unless you dont mind payin that, you should go to autozone or something.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:30 AM

I checked today, my CEL is the infamous 0171 lean code... It needs to go away because I'm getting pissed. It was fine for the first few hundred miles then randomly came on while cruising... It annoys me like you can't believe... I'm hoping it goes away and NEVER COMES BACK, or that the stage 2 reflash will help elimiate getting this code as well... We'll see. Also do you thing the dealer will give me any issue going to get ths stage 2 install with the cel?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Badg1rl
most who post about the injen not throwing a CEL havent driven enough...it happens eventually...the car is just TOO smart
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 01:48 PM

So you're trying to tell me it's going to be on permanentely now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode