Poor Service - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Angry Poor Service

So in November, I took my SS into Pallone Chevrolet on Backlick Rd. in Northern Virginia (Springfield). I needed my first oil change and they offered to rotate the tires. I said sure, I mine as well. Well, when I picked up the car, on the way home I realized that the cruise control did not work. The next morning I called them up and complained that it stopped working. They were like "oh well it didnít have anything to do with us". I said bullshit because it worked when I brought it in. They told me it was still covered on warranty so I didnít really care too much.

I made an appt. to have it fixed and when I brought it in they said they might not even get to it that day. I told them I would need a rental then. They told me GM doesnít provide a rental. I said that I need a courtesy shuttle home then...they said ok and asked where I lived...I was like "100 miles south of here in Louisa". He laughed and said we can't drive you that far. I told them "then you better get me a rental or Iím camping out in here tonight". He gave me a look and I said fuck it and just took my car and left. Now I had totally forgot one key thing...

I called the next day and spoke with the Service Manager and told him my issue and he also said that GM wonít provide a rental... So I was like "hmmm thatís funny, it says right here in my warranty that you do..." He said let me get back to you, and never did. I just gave up and dealt with not having the CC.

Monday, I called to make an appointment for my second oil change. Normally I would do it myself, but it was cold, and I figured it would give them a chance to fix the CC. I reminded them how it stopped working after they serviced it last, and he tried to assure me it had nothing to do with them. I said "well of course you wonít admit a mistake to me, but it does seem quite suspicious that it worked when I brought it in and not when I picked it up. There are sensors on the wheels that turn off the CC when it slips so someone could have messed something up easily". He told me they will look at it and made an appt for Wednesday.

I brought it in in the morning and then called at about 5pm, an hour before I leave work. They said,

"Oh we didnít even get to it today". I said,

"Um...how can you explain making an appointment for service and not even
getting to it"

They said that there were other cars they needed to work on. I asked why they would make an appointment that they could not meet. They offered me a rental for the night and I got stuck in a slow POS Malibu (which is now a slow POS Malibu with a cheeseburger wedged in the crack of the back seat).

I called them back at 10 this morning and they said they were working on it. I then called about half an hour ago and they said the guys can't find whatís wrong with the CC and that he will call me if it will be ready today.

I asked why the hell they can't find the problem when they fuckin broke it (I didnít say fuckin, that was just to make the story sound more intense) Again they tried to tell me that it wasnít the service guys that broke it and I said well if thatís true then Hillary Clinton is a gun-toting redneck (fuckin liberal bitch).

So if anyone here bought a vehicle there, or needs service...DON'T GO TO PALLONE CHEVROLET!!!

From now on I'm doing all my own work, just like I do on my other SS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM

Pity whoever drives that slow POS Malibu in the dead of summer. LOL!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it gets better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretty_d
Pity whoever drives that slow POS Malibu in the dead of summer. LOL!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it gets better.

I know i read that and about fell off my chair..... HAHAHA

Sorry about all the trouble you are having with your dealer.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 PM

Should have been a fish sanwich..lol...sometimes no matter how you act or what you say, its still your fault! I once heard not to argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to there level and then beat you at what they know best! Service managers are trained to drink swear steal and lie! JK...sorry about your cruise, let use know what they find, if and WHEN they find it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 08:28 PM

That sucks man, it seems so many places are useless anymore and no one cares about customer service. Whaever happened to "the customer is always right" I guess that doesnt exist anymore. By the way nice Monte SS, what year is it? I have a 85' Monte SS and an 88' Monte SS I recently sold to my dad, I have had mine for about 3 years now and love it. I wanted one since I was a little kid, my dad had a 84' CL back in the 80's brand new but later wrecked it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode