Cold start sputtering... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Cold start sputtering...

Hi, new here from the Red Line forums. I have an '04 RedLine that I bought new in Nov '04.

Last Pctober, I started having an issue that persisted throughout the winter. Some may be familiar with my "saga" from the other board. In cooler temps, below 50, and with a cold motor, my car sputters at startup and sometimes stalls. It has been in and out of the dealer, they were given a final repair attempt, that failed and to see if it failed, they sent out an engineer as a final solution.

His response? This is normal for this motor. He said all Cobalts do it as well. So, anyone here who's motor is not sputtering and blowing black smoke at cold starts, your car is broken. I'm so lucky that my car is one of only a couple that are running correctly...

Video of what happens...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx

All I have asked for was to have my car run correctly. I think they are trying to get out of a buy back or replacement, which would be the next step. But I still have not given them that letter. just wanted my car fixed...

Thanks, Kirt

Cross posting this at various forums, sorry if it seems repetitive...Just looking for reaction or comments...

Last edited by Kirtsky; 03-13-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:45 PM

Well my car = broke then. And that vid doesnt work.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

See, that's how bad the problem is, it broke the video...

But Ithink i fixed that one...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 08:20 AM

Cobaltss sucks

I had the same cold start problem..... the dealership kept my cobaltss for two months. They had engineers in and out of it. I had to get an attorney to make GM buy the piece of shit back.
BTW... they tried to give the car back to me after having it for two and a half months... "your car is ready"....... Dumbfucks

Last edited by ernoct; 03-19-2006 at 08:47 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernoct
I had the same cold start problem..... the dealership kept my cobaltss for two months. They had engineers in and out of it. I had to get an attorney to make GM buy the piece of shit back.
BTW... they tried to give the car back to me after having it for two and a half months... "your car is ready"....... Dumbfucks

someone is PISSED. I'm sorry you had that experience. But, if you got a nice loaner and they replaced it, then whats the issue? Do you still drive a Cobie ss? was it s/c i'm assuming?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 PM

Mine does the same thing. Even in the summer where the nights are cool when I start it up and start driving it the car stutters and is running so rich I have black spots all over the back of my yellow 'Balt. I am hoping GM's stage kits with the reflash and some new plugs fixes my problem before I really tell my dealer about it b/c I know they won't be able to fix it anyway....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 11:22 PM

Does no one let their car warm up anymore...1-2 mins?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Thunder
Does no one let their car warm up anymore...1-2 mins?
I always let my car run at least 1 minute before I drive it. I can let my car warm up 5 -15 minutes and it ALWAYS does the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode