anyone had this ? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Angry anyone had this ?

went to the stealership APPROVED for 19k found a SS for 19.5k said they could get me a lower rate than I was approved for.so ok run it,told them they couldn`t. total price was 20,233 and TOLD THEM that i would have to got back to credit union for higher amount.gave them 500.00 check and signed all papers.next day I go back and tell them that they are going to have to wait till next thurs for their check.So they tell me I have to write them a check for full amount or I can`t take the car home. I had to fraudulently write a bad check! WTF. car comes out of detailing find a dent on it and both door panels are not holding where the handle is . If I hadn`t signed those papers already I would have left. I`m not sure if I can still get out of the deal since they haven`t gotten their money yet. Any thoughts. O Yeah they dont have a loaner car for when my door parts are in. PISSED IN ILLINOIS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:17 PM

first of all I would have not even wrote a bad check...that is a big no no...can get thrown in jail for that...and if you cant get approved for the deal..then they will just tear up the papers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Contributing User

I used to work at a dealership selling cars and SuperSweet is absolutely correct. You shouldn't have written that check. Also, if the car is so f-ed up, then why did you accept it? You can always back out of a contract. I beleive that in most cases you are given 3 days to back out.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

They told me it was company policy to have that check for me to take the car. picked car up at 845pm thurs night. would mon. be concidered 3 or four days
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:34 PM

Well still the point is...if you dont have the money to cover the check you should have not taken the car...policy or not.. and Monday would be 4 days...so unless you get totally approved...the you are stuck with the responibility of bouncing that check.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

I`m not saying I don`t like the car. they will fix everything before they get their check. The buisness manager told me and my wife I they don`t have a loaner car I can get one from the lot.And yes we will have no problem getting the loan upped .It was only 1200 more,she said yes but it needs approved through the board.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:53 PM

hell i dident sign a thing and they let me take the car home that night and think about it if i wanted it or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode