Sub rattle? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Sub rattle?

Anyone else having the stock 10" Pioneer sub enclosure rattle? It didn't rattle right off the bat but after about a month I guess from pumping it all the time it rattled it a bit loose I dunno, a guy I work with is going to see if he can just tighten it tomorrow see if it goes away, if not I will bring it to the dealer on Monday see what they can do for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 PM

Good luck; I hate rattles. The box itself probably isn't rattling, but that trunk has plenty of things that can drive you crazy. The clips that hold the bolts holding the enclosure rattled on mine. The lines that fold the back seat could be another culprit. The biggest rattle out of that trunk I found came from the third brake light though. Those are the only things I can think of that could be causing your problem. Hope that helps.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Well it actually is the enclosure, I've pumped it playing The Otherside by Bubba Sparxxx and I let the bass hit and I heard the rattle, and then I pushed on the enclosure when the bass hit again, and no rattle. Nothing else in my trunk is rattling just the enclosure, so I think all they need to do is tighten a few nuts or whatever in the enclosure. I would do it myself but the nut driver I have isnt long enough. But I will see what my buddy can do for it first before I bring it out there, he said he has some extender things so he should be able to help me out there.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:37 AM

you are going to develope another rattle soon, if you look in the trunk and look up at the rear deck you will see 3 holes that have metal clips in them. the clips hold the interior to the chassi. mine have started to rattle so i put rubber in between the 2 contact points and it solved the issue for me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
you are going to develope another rattle soon, if you look in the trunk and look up at the rear deck you will see 3 holes that have metal clips in them. the clips hold the interior to the chassi. mine have started to rattle so i put rubber in between the 2 contact points and it solved the issue for me.
Ahhh yes I have already discovered and solved the clip rattle, it's just this dang enclosure rattle, I've tightened the nut as tight as it will go and still rattle, I will see what they can do for me when I bring 'er in for tire rotation...the front tread is getting pretty low!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode